Chapter 8

The next day, Phoebe had brought Podcast to an area where the device she found in the underground lab could be tested and Podcast set up a few target cans and bottles as Phoebe got the device ready, putting the bottom plate on.

"Welcome to Rust City." Podcast comments as he walked over to Phoebe

"Where they processed all the raw selenium?" Phoebe asks

"Pretty much." Podcast responds

Phoebe carefully got the device onto her back, and it had all sorts of firing modes seemingly as she put it on.

"how'd you know how to fix that thing?" Podcast asks as he grabbed some Ecto-Goggles with a camera addon attached to it. "I mean, no offense, but you are twelve."

"I kind of met my grandfather last night." Phoebe responds. "he showed me what to do to fix this thing apparently called a proton pack."

"No way. Was he, like, howling and clanking chains?" Podcast asks

"No." Phoebe responds. "That'd be weird."

Phoebe turne daround and says, "Switch me on."

Podcast carefully walks over and reaches, flicking a switch on the back of the proton pack, causing it to emit a humming noise and the lights on the cyclotron spinning as Podcast stepped back and to the side of Phoebe.

The proton pack hums as Phoebe pulled off the particle thrower/neutrona wand, having a bit of trouble because of just how many attachments cause of the alternate firing modes it has were on it. Podcast pulls out his mic and began recording for his podcast as Phoebe turns on the Neutrona Wand, and extended the barrel.

"Safety's off." Phoebe comments

"Her feet are planted, her face is poised." Podcast said into his mic. "Will this be the moment of her death?? Nobody knows..."

Phoebe took a deep breath and opened fire, the neutrona wand shooting out it's particle stream, the targets sparking and making whistle noises because of the damage being done.

Phoebe took a deep  breath and opened fire, the neutrona wand shooting out it's particle  stream, the targets sparking and making whistle noises because of the  damage being done

Phoebe had a bright smile on her face as she was still shooting.

"YES!!!!!" Podcast shouts while holding out his mic as he laughed and cheered

When Phoebe ceased fire, she shook one of her hands a little as Podcast put his mic back into place.

"Oh my gods....that is the best thing i've ever seen." Podcast says, taking a picture with the camera on the goggles

Phoebe looked at him as he shook the photo that was printed in order to help it develop.

"Did I hit it?" Phoebe comments

Podcast lifted up his goggles.

"You didn't hit it." Podcast responds. "You destroyed it!"

Both the thing the targets were on and the targets were gone.