Chapter 9

In the Ecto, Podcast checked a section and pulled out what looked like a muon trap on wheels and examined it, checking if it had power.

"Okay, so what the hell is going on???" Trevor questioned

"Yeah, you two still haven't filled in Trevor and I in on what's going down." Rex adds

"In the 80s and 90s, New York City was attacked." Phoebe comments

"Yeah, I know the Manhattan ghost stories." Trevor responds, still driving

"Yeah, well the stories were real." Phoebe stated as she got into a seat and made sure everything on it was in place

"And so were the guys who climbed a building and saved the world and fought back an invading army of the undead and conjured up a massive marshmallow man which blew up with enough range to douse several whole blocks of the city!!!" Podcast comments

Phoebe grabbed the neutrona wand that was connected a little to the seat she was sitting in.

"Our grandfather was Egon Spengler." Phoebe says to Trevor. "He was a Ghostbuster."

Suddenly, the police dispatch radio on the dashboard went off.

"All units, we're getting reports of some sort of....well...animal...taking a bite out of Steve Fletcher's truck's tailgate." The dispatcher's voice echoed. "And it also somehow pulled off a mirror and ate that too???"

"Muncher." both Phoebe and Podcast comment

When reaching the town of Summerville, they looked around as Trevor drove around slowly.

"What are we even looking for??" Trevor asks

"Evidence." Podcast responds

As they drove around, Phoebe and Podcast noticed all sorts of metallic objects had chunks fully bitten out of them. Muncher had clearly been through here at some point but as they looked around, there was no sign of him anywhere.

"Guys, this is kinda stupid." Trevor says. "Are you sure you didn't just see, like, a raccon? Or a possum?"

Phoebe saw Muncher trying to chew on a fire hydrant and pointed as she shouts, "THERE!!!"

Trevor hit the brakes. He couldn't believe his eyes.

"Is...Is that a...." Trevor starts

"That thing's a ghost..." Rex comments, just as shocked as Trevor

"Free floating Metal Muncher. Definitely a Class V." Podcast comments

Phoebe got the neutrona wand she found attached to a seat ready.

"Okay so...what do we do?" Trevor asks

"Let's get him." Podcast says, putting on his Ecto Goggles as he got a glance from Trevor and Rex. "Just gotta get a photo first."

His foot hit a switch which triggered several noises.

"Guys...?" Phoebe comments

When Trevor and Podcast looked back, the back passenger door swung open and the seat stuck out, really being a gunner seat!

"This car has a gunner seat??!???" Podcast comments. "I love this car."

Muncher stopped, turning around and looking at the kids and the car, grabbing part of the fire hydrant.

Muncher was a semi  transparent, light blue, chunky, multi limbed extoplasmic apparition  with a Tobin's Spirit Guide ranking of a Class V Free Roaming/Free  Floating Metal Muncher, hence where Phoebe and Podcast got the name  from

Muncher was a semi transparent, light blue, chunky, multi limbed extoplasmic apparition with a Tobin's Spirit Guide ranking of a Class V Free Roaming/Free Floating Metal Muncher, hence where Phoebe and Podcast got the name from.

Muncher screeched as he took the piece off of the fire hydrant, making it spray out water as he took off.

"GO, GO, GO!!!!!!" Phoebe shouts

Trevor sped off, chasing after their metal eating target, Podcast getting knocked into a back seat and some dirt getting washed off of the Ecto-1B cause of the fire hydrant. When Muncher looked back and saw they were chasing him, he screeched.

Phoebe tried to shoot at Muncher but missed and hit part of a theater instead, causing a little damage. Phoebe got ready but Muncher turns around and began shooting metal out of his mouth which hit the Ecto, causing the kids to scream and swerve a little. Phoebe tried to shoot Muncher, but it caused more damage to some newspaper stands instead.

Muncher flew right through the walls of the restaurant that Callie and Ozpin were eating in, shooting right past them when suddenly, outside, the Ecto shot by, catching the attention of the cops there. When swerving around a corner, Phoebe got the wand ready as Trevor sped up.

Phoebe opens fire, the stream wrapping around Muncher as he squirmed and screeched.

"YES!!!" Trevor and Rex triumphantly comment

"TRAP HIM!!!!!" Phoebe shouts to Podcast

Podcast nodded and sent out the R.T.V, the muon trap on wheels he found, trying his best to get it under Muncher..

"Okay, here we go..." Podcast comments

Muncher screeched and snarled as he struggled. As the chase continued, they had to swerve a couple times and a couple trucks getting damaged before they could trap Muncher and Phoebe had forcibly ceased fire after accidentally damaging the Spinners sign as Muncher shout through the walls as the Ecto swerved to a stop, Trevor noticing where Muncher was going as Phoebe got the gunner seat back into the Ecto. Podcast noticed as well.

"He's heading for the mountain!!!!" Podcast exclaimed

Trevor resumed chasing after Muncher, Podcast guiding the RTV. After a while, Podcast had gotten the RTV in range.

"I'm in range!" Podcast says

Phoebe took a deep breath and sent out the gunner seat, aiming the wand at Muncher as she turned on the pack on the seat. She proceeds to open fire and the stream wrapped around Muncher.

"SHE GOT HIM!!!!" Trevor comment triumphantly for his sister

The chase continued, but Trevor noticed they were about to lose room for the gunner seat to be out as they were heading for the bridge.

"Whatever we're doing, we have to do it now!" Trevor says

Podcast flicked a switch on the RTV's remote.

"Come on!!!" Phoebe shouts

Podcast pushes a button which opened the trap causing it to produce a cone. When Phoebe ceased fire, the trap sucked Muncher right into it as it slammed shut.

"YEAH!!!!!!" They all shouted

That's when they remembered the bridge.

"BRIDGE!!!" Phoebe yelped

Phoebe got the gunner seat back into the car and once the Ecto made it across the bridge, Trevor swerved it to a stop as Podcast swerved the RTV to a stop. They all got out and shared a few high fives.

"We just caught a ghost!" Phoebe comments

Podcast took a picture with the goggles camera add-on.

When they noticed the mountain, Rex tapped Trevor's shoulder and made him look which caused him as well to remember something.

"Wait, Rex and I were here just last night." Trevor comments

They all looked at each other and then back at the mountain.