Chapter 4

BEN's POV

What are they doing? Why are they taking so long?! I paced back and forth within my room, unaware I was mumbling and sweating in panic.

"BEN?" Said a voice. I looked up to see Eyeless Jack (or EJ) at the door.

"H-hey EJ..." I mumbled, still pacing. I felt a pair of hands on my shoulders, stopping me in my tracks.

"What?!?!" I snapped. EJ stared at me with the black holes of his eyes.

"You need to calm down." He said, trying to calm me down. He sat me on my bed and then sat beside me.

"What's up buddy." He asked me.

"I-It's nothing..." I replied, looking at the floor.

"I know you are lying BEN now tell me, what is on your mind?" He persisted. I sighed and gave in.

"I'm worried about Bella and Jeff." I looked at the floor in shame.

"What's so bad about that?" Asked EJ. I looked at him.

"Huh?"

"It's okay to worry about her. Just shows you care." He smirked.

"What-what?" I asked, slightly confused.

"It's obvious you like her, and she has only been here for a day!" EJ exclaimed.

"I guess... I'll be honest, she is super cute. So cute I bet she has a f*cking boyfriend..." I sighed. EJ chuckled and just left.

Jeff's POV

I'm proud of Midnight for doing what she did, but it hurt me seeing her in so much pain. I wanted to stop Opal from doing it, but I knew it was necessary. Glad it's all over now.

We started walking back, chatting about random things, making her laugh. I love making her laugh, because when she laughs, that beautiful smile of hers comes out. It brightens up my day every time I see it. I knew how I felt ever since the first time I saw her sleep, the first time she talked to me, the first time she smiled at me. I will protect her, not matter what. However, there was someone else that felt the same way. BEN. The way he looked at her made my blood boil and the way she looked at him... It shattered my heart every single time she gave him that look. Why couldn't she look at me like that?

Midnight's POV

As we walked back to Slender Mansion, I noticed that Jeff wasn't listening to a word I was saying. I stopped and laughed nervously, noticing that he was staring at me. Why was he looking at me like that? Oh well, I've probably just got some dirt on my face or something. As we walk up the steps of the front door, it bursts open and a figure came running towards us. It collides into me, making me laugh as I realise who it was. BEN had his arms wrapped around me in a bear hug. I wrapped my arms around his waist and my head rested on his shoulder. I felt him run his fingers gently through my hair before whispering in my ear.

"Where have you been? I was getting worried." He murmured. I smiled before answering.

"Sorry I had to recover from the pain before leaving. I'm back now." I whispered in his ear soothingly.

BEN's POV

As her words register in my brain, I looked at Jeff with rage. I pulled away from her gently, tucking her hair behind her ear. Bella watched me with confusion as I advance on Jeff, my vision going red. Bang! Jeff fell to the floor, after my fist connected with his face, his stupid, cocky grin being wiped off in the process.