A date?

After we had buried Fiona, we had to dispose of the shovels. We went to a blacksmith where he'd melt the shovels down.
"24 gold." Said the black smith.
"24 gold?!" I said, shocked by the price. I only had 13 gold! Damn capitalism. Suddenly,  Shrek spoke up, "I'll pay."
Shocked, I looked at him. "Shrek, are you sure? I mean... that's a lot of gold..." I whispered, making sure this is what he wanted to do. He only nodded in response before holding out a bag of gold to the blacksmith.
"Keep the change." He said, seemingly trying to hide his anger.
"Wow! Really sir?!" The blacksmith seemed overjoyed.
"Just don't be surprised when the consequences of you overcharging catch up to you." He responded as he grabbed my hand. As we walked away from the blacksmith shop, he seemed to have calmed down a little bit. "Shrek, are you okay?" I asked him.
"Just dandy." He was obviously lying.
"Well..  uh... would you like to go get something to eat?" I asked him, trying to take his mind off the blacksmith.
"Is... Is it a date?" Shrek said, blushing.
"Only if you want it to be." I smiled at him. He seemed to get really happy.
"Yes, but I have to get ready for the date!" He said excitedly. Before I could say anything, he let go of my hand and began running to the swamp. Why was he going to the swamp? I'll never understand Shrek, but that's what I love about him. I sniffed the air as his onion scent still lingered in the air.