Chapter nine

Horiya ignored the girl's attempt at trying to make friends. He had far more important things to worry about than one of those who thought him either evil  or showed him disdain for being different. He did not want to be the aid of their curious amusement of him either. Things like trying to stay alive.But the ridiculous smile on the girl's face stayed and there was even a bit of amusement in her eyes as well. It made him feel uneasy.

"Your home is lovely." she spoke again.

Again he said nothing. Unusual for him indeed... Was this girl crazy perhaps? Or was she another one of their tricks? They had tried this one a couple of times before. It wasn't going to work. But no matter how hard he tried to concentrate, there was nothing that connected her to them. She was completely normal. Well he wouldn't take the bait anyway. But she was still staring at him with  no attempt at veiling her curiosity.What irked him, was the total innocence that he could sense. She didn't look dangerous, Ha! The people sent after him never did. None the less he had to get rid of her. He sighed, then said the words.

              Hoyaka's POV

Hoyaka was starting at his eyes. His golden brown eyes that were almost amber in colour. 'Strange,' she thought to herself, 'I could have sworn last time they were some other color'  They were indeed strange looking, she was so fascinated she barely heard him sigh.

"You need to leave." He said.

She blinked in surprise. He turned his back towards her and went back to making colours in his bowls. Hoyaka felt the smile in her voice as she said.

"Fine I'll leave, but if I go now, I'll be back here tomorrow."

He stiffened for a second before composing himself she wouldn't dare, would she? He decided to call her bluff. 'Please leave my home. I believe you are well enough to leave now, and please do not ever come back here.' he said sternly.