chapter four

Hoyaka walked out of her home . She decided to take the short path that was rarely used. All this was done in an attempt to avoid Jaez and his followers. Everything he seemed to say gave her a headache. The last time they saw each other was at the stream, where he had "coincidentally gone to fish". He had pestered her on why she was refusing to marry him and kept asking when they were getting married.

Hoyaka would always reply by saying 'When Hoya wills it, Jaez, I will let you know.' Of course this answer never satisfied Jaez. He had taken to following her around everywhere she went- it was terrible.

Even as she walked, her eyes were darting everywhere else, except the path she was on...Snap! She looked down....The realisation of being caught in a trap, came before the pain. But then the pain came with crushing force and she cried out in agony.  Then  amidst her bewilderment,  Horiya came. She had to admit that at first glance, the man did not look normal. His red beady eyes should have been dizzy, from roaming the forest so much. His breath was more like the heavy panting of a man, heaving the largest boulder he could master. Even a bat cave may have been tidier than his head. Hoyaka had to admit that a shot of fear, slithered down her spine for an instant, when/ Horiya knelt down in front of her (he looked like a demon with those red eyes). But she needn't have  worried. Horiya was quite gentle, it was only when he had to lift the leg and smear herbs on it, that she whimpered.He gently wrapped her leg. Then he got up and offered his hand. All without uttering a word. She figured that maybe he was a mute and did not question him. She took his hand after another surreptitious look at him. He ended up deciding, that carrying her, would be in both of their interests and so he did, all the way home. Hoyaka groaned when she saw her uncle. She almost asked Horiya to take her with him to the forest. But she remembered her fear of wild animals and other creatures of the night. Her uncle came rushing towards them like a flooded river. He snatched Hoyaka from the man's hold as if he was a thief. But Horiya did not seem to care. He was looking at Hoyaka in a questioning manner, as if to ask whether she was fine. Hoyaka seemed to understand. "I'm fine." She told him. "Thank you for bringing me home." She said. Horiya then gave a little nod and left. "So strange." she muttered quietly. How had he known where she lived? Oh well, no matter. Her uncle and cousins kept on fussing about her injury, even though she tried to tell them, that it was not as painful anymore. The girls even refused to let her out of her hut to go eat (they brought the food to her). Aunt Woki was the only hiccup, as always. She kept on insisting that Hoyaka had done it on purpose."She wanted to get out of doing the housework. Lazy girl." This was her answer when her husband asked why she kept on accusing Hoyaka. Hoyaka was just grateful for Shansi not being around. He was a mean spirited oaf, who often resorted to manhandling even his own sisters, just for amusement or to get his way. What kept bothering her was how the intensity of Horiya's eyes affected her.

                    Author's note:      
Hey guys. So that was the fourth chapter so far. We got to find out what Hoyaka thought when she met Horiya   🙂
Q: favourite hobby?
A: Drawing and reading 🤭