Chapter 7

*Thanks for the flowers.* I message Eli.

It's not the first time he has sent flowers over to my house. But it is the first time I actually thank him before scolding him. I think I'll scold him later, but today I am too focussed on the pictures of me and Ashton on my phone.

I still can't geg it through my head. I met Ashton Irwin. Yeah, the conversation was awkward as hell, but I met him.

"If only I met the rest." I mumble to myself.

Before I know it, I'm pressing my phone up to my ear with the name 'Jenny' appearing in green.

"We need to go see them."

........

"Are you sure it's this hotel?" I watch Catherine point at the street sign.

"Trust me, Emma. It is."

"Good. I have an AP Physics test on Monday and I need to be sure I am not at some random hotel. Not to mention my parents, they would kill me if they knew I was here."

"Emma." Hayley smiles and passes me by. Calling out my name usually means, 'Dude, chill.'

"Well, this is the hotel." Jenny walks towards us, Jasmine by her side. "We spent twenty minutes looking for parking and saw a couple of fans in front of the hotel."

I feel the rush of adrenaline go through me once I see the crowd of chanting fans. There are more than five dozen fans. Each one is focussed on the terrac-

"Luke!"

Everyone's eyes fly to the terrace and so do mine. I blacked out for one second and I feel the cold ground running underneath my knee. My elbow reaches the ground and the sting hits me like a thousand needles pushing through me.

"Everyone step back!"

I look up and all I see is red. Red on my knees. Red on my elbows. And a red-headed boy creating a barrier between me and the wild-eyed girls trying to reach for him.

This red-headed boy being none other than-

"I'm taking her inside!" His arms wrap around my thighs and my back to lift me off the ground. I watch the blood on my elbow run down my arm and for a moment, it seems to distract me.

"You'll miss the interview!"

"Fuck the interview!"