Chapter 12

I smile and shake my head. Maybe I should tell Eli about Michael? But how would he react? The real question is would he even believe me when I've spent most of our friendship telling him I've been dating Luke?

I decide against it and brush my hair back.

"That AP Physics test sure did a number on me." I lie.

I study his face and for a second I think he might question me about what is really wrong, but he doesn't and stands up.

"Jasmine told me you guys went to see 5SOS at their hotel yesterday?"

Of course.

I nod my head and push the plate of food I haven't touched away from me. My appetite has suddenly left and that's odd for me.

"And she even met Michael Clifford." Cat interrupts and I force a smile on my face when I turn to her. I'm sure the questions will come pouring off Eli's mouth about now.

"Did you?" Eli scoots closer to me so our arms meet. I stare where our bodies touch and I think of yesterday again.

This is stupid. It's all just body warmth. That's the reason why Michael was warmer than Eli. His blood pumps faster, that's it.

I think back to when Michael's hand fell on my thigh and everything inside of me drowned in heat.

"Yeah. He was really cool. Uhh.....I need to go get something from the library." I stand up from the table..

I feel Eli and Cat's stare on me as I reach my bag from the table.

"Wait. I was going to ask if you could help me with my homework today?" Eli stands up, quickly lifting my bag up around my shoulder.

"You? Doing homework?" I laugh.

"Yes. I have an F and if Mrs. Ester fails me this semester, she'll fail me until I finish high school." His green eyes widen in plea.

I nod my head. "When?"

"I'll pick you up at 8." He grins, an awfully familiar grin that makes me question his real intentions.

"This is not a date."

Eli raises his hands up. "It's not. I just thought we could study at my house this time since your house is too quiet."

I take a quick glance at his smile and nod my head.

"Okay. 8pm but no later." I have to be up by 5:30 tomorrow.

........

I look up and I still can't believe it. Fucking Michael Clifford.

I look at Eli and he smiles, going through the menu and even repeating some out to me. I nod my head and watch Michael shrug his jacket on before turning to me.

I swear I'd never think about his eyes again but here I go.

"Hey, I have to go to the bathroom."