Chapter 8

I wrap my arms around the top of my chest and look around the beige colored room. It's really clean for it being Michael's man-cave.

But then again, this kid is a bit of a germaphobe.

The soft roars of the air conditioner are the only sound echoing throughout the room. That and well, Michael picking and washing things. He passes by me with a tray full of stuff I can't see since he's to tall and I am sitting.

I scratch my neck and right as I'm about to put my arm back down. Michael appears in front of me.

"Shit." I gasp and close my eyes.

He kneels down and places the tray on the bedside table. His eyes are centered on my knee and the red gush seething through the scar. I don't think it's that bad, not as bad as he is making it seem.

He reaches out to touch my thigh to keep himself balanced and my body jerks forward.

"Sorry." He mumbles.

I shake my head and his hand falls back on my thigh, igniting something deeper inside of me.

'It's nothing.'

His hand dabs a napkin in alcohol and he raises it up, finally making eye contact with me. I watch his stare turn softer and his pupils somehow widen all around.

"Um...this is going to uh..sting a bit." He swallows. "You can hold my shoulders if you want."

I nod my head, unsure why I haven't spoken these last few minutes. I take his shoulders in my palm and my ears hear a sigh.....from someone's lips. Whether it be his or mine.

He presses the wet piece of cloth on my scrape and it hurts like a bitch. I push all my pain back and grind my teeth rather than squeezing on Michael's shoulders like he had expected me to do.

He does it again and it hurts much less.

"When I umm..pictured myself as a nurse, I expected myself to be roleplaying." He clears his throat, trying to start off a conversation.

I produce a clearly struggled laugh.

"You do seem like the...umm...type of guy who would roleplay." I laugh and bring my non-injured hand up to cover my laugh.

Michael smiles and stands up, softly slapping my thigh. "Scoot over."

I move to the side and the air around us turns hotter, which seems impossible since the A/C is on.