✩09

Jungwon was more than happy when Damin showed up at school the next day

Jungwon was more than happy when Damin showed up at school the next day. With both of them being partners during PE, they both enjoyed each other's company a lot, ignoring Miyoung's glare who seemed to be watching them almost the whole time.

Most of the time, the two argued over which ice-cream flavor was the best; with Damin choosing Mint Chocolate and Jungwon picking Chocolate. He straight up called her out for her taste, calling her 'weird' and an 'alien for' liking Mint Chocolate while she called him 'basic' and 'generic' for liking Chocolate instead.

When the lunch bell rang, the students got dispersed. After changing into a new set of clothes, Damin headed to the cafeteria. She bought her meal as usual and exited the cafeteria like she usually does.

Ever since that incident with her so called friends, she always ate her lunch alone under the tree but occasionally, Jungwon would join her too, keeping her company. Damin thought today was one of those days when she saw him walking towards her, a smile etched on his face.

"Wanna join me and my friends in the cafeteria?" he asked her.

She thought for a few seconds before replying, "Sure, but are they okay with it though?"

He chuckled, "Of course! I wouldn't have asked you if they weren't,"

Jungwon took out his hand and she gladly took it. She dusted her clothes of any leaves and as soon as she looked back up, her breath hitched, heart beating faster by the second.

His face was mere inches away from hers, staring into her eyes intensely making her feel some sensation build up in her stomach. She felt queasy but the good kind, her cheeks flushing red by now. He brought his hand to her face and touched it .

"You had an eyelash hehe," he smiled, showing her the eyelash on his finger. "You should make a wish!"

Damin rolled her eyes, "As if it'll come true,"

Jungwon frowned, "Come on, you're such a party pooper."

"Fine, fine." She closed her eyes and thought of a wish for a few seconds before blowing the lone eyelash. "Happy now?"

"Very." he smiled looking at her, dimples showing.

Damin brought her hand to his cheeks and poked his dimples.

"Cute." she muttered under her breath. Jungwon felt his heart racing and tried shrugging it off, walking to the cafeteria with her.

Jungwon walked to a table with 6 people and patted on the seat next to him, gesturing for her to sit there.

"Hi, I'm Kim Sunoo! Nice to finally meet you." a bubbly, dark-haired boy introduced himself.

"Nice to meet you too, I'm Kang Damin." she answered. Pretty soon, everyone else started introducing themselves and although it was a lot of new names to memorize, she didn't mind as they had a warm and friendly vibe to them.

She was more than glad to make new friends and hoped they weren't like her old ones.

A few of them seemed shy at first but gradually opened up and they conversed together. So when the lunch bell rang, everyone groaned and slowly got up, silently dreading to go to the next class.

✩✩✩

Damin plopped on her bed, a wave of fatigue hitting her like a truck as her eyelids got heavier by the second. Then, a thought hit her. She scrambled to get her phone and clicked on the familiar chat.

me: hey

me: are u awake

jungwon 🐈 : hello

jungwon 🐈 : no i am asleep.

me : anyways

me : i just remembered we had homework loll

jungwon 🐈 : yep i did it

me : i fell asleep in class tho 💀

jungwon 🐈 : i know i saw u

me : 🤨🤨🤨

jungwon 🐈 : noo don't take it the wrong way

me : 🤨🤨🤨

jungwon 🐈 : 😁

me : i forgot what i wanted to ask

me: oh yeah

me : what's the pages for the hw

jungwon 🐈 : pg 35 to 50

me : ayo that's so much

jungwon 🐈 : RIGHT

jungwon 🐈 : #studentslivesmatter

me: bro

me : wHAT ARE THESE

me : WHEN DID WE EVEN LEARN THIS

jungwon 🐈 : ahh i think it was before u came

me : i give up lol

me : im dead 😁

jungwon 🐈 : do u my need help

jungwon 🐈 :   i don't wanna brag but

jungwon 🐈 : those topics are the ones im good at 😁

jungwon 🐈 : #smart #awesome #smart-student

me: you don't have to

me : i'll find a way to do it somehow

jungwon 🐈 : no

jungwon 🐈 : u might get scolded so im offering my free service 🥀

me : #thankuhehe

jungwon 🐈   has started a video call

Join | Decline

"Thanks for wanting to help me," Damin spoke up.

"No need to thank me. It's what friends do right," answered Jungwon. They spent the next hour with him explaining how to do the work and her understanding it.

By the time it was almost 3 AM, both of them were dead tired, already starting to doze off.

"Sorry for keeping you up this late Jungwon," she said, yawning in the end and lying down on her bed.

"No, it's okay," he muttered sleepily. Before the both of them knew it, they were fast asleep.

i shall not tell u guys what she wished for or it won't come trueeee ;)