Chapter 35

Authors Note: 

Omg chile I'm so embarrassed, but I finally updated so...(pops confetti) 

Warning: Dark themes, mental stress emotional damage

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey ma, where are you at? I miss you."

"I miss you to Con, I'm just out right now. I stopped by Fleet's place so I'm hanging out over here. I'll be back before you get home."

"Cool, I'll see you later and be safe."

"You to Connie."

Be safe

As the other line went dead those two words repeated in your head, be safe. Isn't that what you were doing? Being safe?

It didn't really feel like it though.

Maybe it was because you had lied about your location.

Maybe it was because you weren't with Fleet at all.

Maybe it was because the sight in front of you would make anyone's spine shiver.

There was empty land for days, and it stretched so far that even if you squinted your eyes you'd still only see more land. So you focused on what was in front of you, a lonely house that was old and rustic looking from the wood-decaying on the porch, the broken chairs, ripped screen doors, tipped over bikes, and unevenly shaved patches of grass only adding to the beauty that is this house.

This feels like something straight out of a horror movie, and like the have to be main character that you are, you walked towards the house that screamed do not enter me because I probably have some kind of demon or ghost inside.

But as the trees as your witness, your fist met the slightly chipped and dull white door. Shifting your weight a bit, making the old floorboards below creak.

As you waited, you looked off at your car. Your hand grazing your keys as you thought about leaving.

This is a dumb idea... I should go

"Y/n, you came. It's nice to see you."

Before your body can even think about turning and making a run for your car, the new voice makes you stop, and you slowly turn towards the voice as it waits for you.

"Thanks for having me on such short notice, can I come in?"

You shouldn't jump into the belly of the unknown so soon, but no rabbit would want to wait to walk into the wolf's jaw.

"Of course, come in."

A logical rabbit would have run a long time ago.

"Thanks...Marco."

But you weren't so logical.

The door creaks before shutting behind you, and the two of you disappear from the outside view.

1 Day before Arrest

One can only question what circumstances would make a rabbit jump into its predator's jaws? What could it fear more than a wolf?

Questions like that are hard to answer.

But you have somewhat of one as you recount the events of the day before.

Yesterday

"You ok ma? You've been out here for a minute. Don't tell me your charger up and left- Y/n?"