Chapter 20

You yawned as you made your way downstairs. You were thankful that it was the smell of breakfast waking you up instead of Connie's loud knocking. Last night you had ended up passing out after everyone stayed up all night drinking and exploring the area.

"Oh my gosh, y/n is up before noon what a surprise!"

You rolled your eyes as Jean and Connie snickered next to each other at the counter table.

"Hilarious when Love wakes up I'll ask her to drown you."

Jean gasped slightly and Connie chuckled watching as you sat down next to him your legs kicking as you looked around the kitchen. There was food cooking on the stove yet no one attending to it so you were wondering who was cooking breakfast as it was the whole reason you even bothered rolling out of bed.

"Also who's cooking breakfast?"

Connie turned towards you playing with your pajama pants that had loose strings hanging from them.

"Niccolo."

You raised an eyebrow, "Niccolo?"

Connie nodded and Jean looked up from his phone to look at your confused expression.

"Yea what's wrong with Niccolo's cooking, he cooks well."

You looked off at the food cooking on the stove and back to the two in front of you. You didn't really know how to word what you would say next.

"It's just I don't eat off of uhm... everybody."

You bit the inside of your cheek and Connie and Jean continued to give you a look of confusion until Jean's face changed in realization.

He laughed, "She means that she's scared to eat...."

He dramatically looked both ways covering his mouth to whisper to the two of you.

"Food of the people who's name rhyme with Jacker."

You covered your mouth, trying not to laugh at Jean's little joke, he bust out laughing and Connie gave the both of you a confused look.

"Wait... but Niccolo's not a slacker!"

You and Jean both slapped your faces at Connie's inability to catch onto the joke.

"Connie, you poor three brain celled child, it'll be ok."

You patted Connie's head and he still gave you a confused expression, still yet to catch onto the joke.

"But don't worry y/n, Niccolo's a chef, he's certified and everything so you don't have to worry, and Love likes his food."

You nodded, still unsure but you guessed you'd have to try his food first before completely judging.

You watched as everyone came downstairs greeting them one by one. Well except for a certain red head who's birthday was tomorrow.

"Speaking on Love, where is she? I know she's not still sleeping?"

You looked at Jean, and he stopped spinning his spoon in his morning coffee looking back at you.

"No... she's ugh, sick this morning but she told me she'd be down soon and to go ahead and eat breakfast without her, I was actually thinking about going to check on her."

You nodded, feeling slightly concerned at what could have gotten her so sick. All everyone did yesterday was pretty much play in the pool and after get something to eat while looking around the city. You contemplated the food making her sick, but by the looks of it you and everyone else were completely fine.