Making Moves

AOMINE AND HIS MOTHER didn't speak a word the next few days. It was starting to bother him a little, but he wanted her to understand and know that his love life was his own choice and responsibility. He didn't like the idea of getting into forced relationships, and dating Momoi was never gonna happen. No matter what.

The blue-haired student, head now filled with his beloved Kuroko, was about to enter his classroom before Kise got out, and they bumped into each other accidentally.

"Shit, I'm sorr-"

"Aomine-" Kise gasped. "-cchi."

Aomine rolled his eyes, but a smile was plastered on his face. The two were only inches apart and Kise didn't realise he was staring at his lips. He gulped before his eyes slowly travelled up to a familiar pair of blue eyes. Ones that could easily suck him in.

"You're still calling me that?" Aomine chuckled as he carefully stepped away from the blond boy. Kise only smiled shyly, even though his heart was starting to hurt. It's been a while since they've talked.

"You're my friend," He said softly. "Of course."

Of course. Just friends.

Who knew one word could hurt this much.

"Hey, can we talk?"

Another sentence that Kise didn't like. He felt his stomach turn and it wasn't a pleasant one. He flashed Aomine a fake smile, but before he could answer, the other boy continued.

"It'll be quick. I promise."

The two ended up going to the gym for a short basketball session. How did Kise agree to this, one would never know, but he also couldn't deny the fact that he was looking forward to this. Maybe it didn't always have to be awkward. Maybe they can still be basketball buddies. If this was the only way to be close to Aomine, Kise would gladly take the chance.

Kise realised he sounded desperate. He chuckled to himself.

"What's so funny?" Aomine questioned, his back facing the blond boy as he went to pick a ball up.

"Nothing." Kise lied.

Aomine's footsteps were loud as he approached Kise, spinning a basketball in his hands. The blond boy visibly gulped, wondering what the tanned boy was scheming. Aomine noticed how nervous the other boy was becoming, so he laughed before shooting a hoop.

"I'm sorry if I'm making you uncomfortable," He voiced out before picking up the ball again. "But I really do want to talk to you."

"Well, what is it?" Kise didn't hide the slight annoyance in his voice and Aomine definitely sensed it. He sighed.

"I just thought things didn't have to be this way," Aomine finally explained. "The awkwardness, I mean," Kise only blinked in response. "Didn't we play so well together, Kise? You can't deny that."

"I guess, but..."

"I know it'll be selfish of me to ask you to pretend nothing happened, so I won't. All I'm asking is for you to play basketball with me."

Deep down Kise missed playing basketball with Aomine too – he's been skipping practice ever since the rejection, and it was probably a dumb excuse to skip practices. Their coach would definitely scream his lungs out when he sees Kise again. The blond boy bit his lip nervously, head filling with so many thoughts.

"Kise," Aomine placed a hand on Kise's shoulder. "You can say no if you don't want to. I'll understand if you're still not comfortable. But that doesn't mean I won't wait for you!"