Chapter 57: News

Dallas's POV

-

After Nicole's ceremony, Nicole and I have some dinner. Enchiladas, her favorite. She was drop-dead gorgeous in her dress. And, as horrible as it sounds, my mother couldn't hold a candle next to her. I can already feel the need to be next to her even though she is literally sitting right next to me. I had no idea the Mate Bond would grow even stronger. How strong can it get? If it gets any stronger, I'm going to have to lock her up.

Yes, I'm only kidding.

But it's unfair. I want to hug her and kiss her and touch her and UGH. It's becoming very hard to control Ictus when all he wants to do is grab her and run away. I'm pretty sure we would get an earful had we done that. But the dress makes it even worse, if that's even possible. It makes her look like she'd been kissed by angel and sent from above. Her eyes just radiate innocence and kindness and I know she will be the leader she was destined to be. She does have Alpha blood in her after all.

"Did you make these, Dal?" She questions, her mouth full and enchilada dribbling from her lips.

I smirk. "Yes. Yes, I did." I reply smugly. She rolls her eyes in the back of her head.

"They are so good!" she exclaims, swallowing her bite and wiping her mouth with a napkin.

"I know," I respond cockily, grinning like a maniac. "I made them."

"Don't get a big head, now." She grumbles, chuckling lightly. Can't it be like this all the time?

"Hey, Nikki... you got a little somethin' right here," he indicates on his own face where she should wipe and she does, only smearing enchilada from her already used napkin onto her face more-so. He starts cracking up, his laughing brown eyes sparkling with amusement.

"Mica!" she screeches and then a deadly calm settles over her. She smiles sweetly, and slowly scoots her chair back to stand up. He stops his laughing abruptly and his eyes widen. "You're dead." She says cheerily, wiping her hands on her napkin before grabbing some of her dress in her hands and lifting so she can walk easier. He almost falls out of his chair. He backs up, hands up in defense.

"Whoa, Nikki. What are you doing?" he glances at me and I shake my head.

"Good luck." I tell him and he opens his mouth in disbelief before seeing my Mate has gotten closer. With a grunt, he races out of the kitchen, Nicole on his heels.

He's so dead.

I raise my glass of water to Stan, who seems amused by the whole situation if his laughing eyes aren't a dead give-away. "Cheers."

-

Sitting in my seat, I stare at my empty plate. I'm stuffed and fat and happy.

And then Mica walks in. I burst out laughing at the sight of my best friend. His curly brown hair is wild, sticking up everywhere, and he has dark smudges of dirt all over his face and clothes. One sleeve is pulled down to his wrist, occupying the many holes in his clothing as well. Nic follows after him, looking the same as when she did when she left, except her hair is completely down and her shoes are in her hands. "Not a word, Amicus... Not a word." I grin, dragging an imaginary zipper across my lips and meeting Nicole's eyes. She grins smugly at me and then begins picking at her nails and leaning on one foot.

"My teacher is so good, I was able to beat him," she informs me and Mica huffs in annoyance.

"I can't hit a girl," he grumbles. "Especially not the Luna. I was going easy."

"Yeah, and screaming 'Mercy!'" She holds up her hands dramatically as Mica gasps.

"Was not!"

"Was, too!" Okay, children. It's time to butt in.

"Mica, just face it, you got your butt whooped by a girl." I say, standing and stretching with my arms above my head. Mica glares indignantly at me and flips imaginary hair before marching out the door. Nicole watches him, barely managing to suppress her giggles.

She turns her gaze to me and I open my mouth to say something when I get a mind-link.

Alpha, there are two wolves from Spencer's pack here.

I don't even realize I growl until Nicole stares at me weirdly. I look at her, frowning. "It looks like Mason and Ian are here."

-

We rush to the border where, sure enough, Mason and Ian are surrounded.

"Hello, Princess," Mason cracks a lopsided grin at her and Ian lifts his hand in a slight wave. Nicole raises an eyebrow but waves back. "I see your guard dog is here." He indicates to me and Nicole quickly shoots a glare at him.

"My 'guard dog' has a name."

"Riiiight. Alpha Dallas." Mason smirks, knowing he's getting on my nerves.

"What do you want?" I snap. Tension floods me from my memories I have with these two men.

"Spencer's on his way to attack you as we speak," Ian cuts Mason off before he can say anything smart to me. Wise man, he is.

"Why would you tell us that? And why should we believe you?" I ask, leaning my weight on my heels and crossing my arms over my chest.

"Because we're her uncles and want what's best for our niece," Mason says quietly, motioning at Nicole. Mason is never quiet. Ian is the quiet one.

"You don't look like my dad," Nicole scrutinizes, scrunching her nose.

"Well, we wouldn't if we were your mother's brothers." Mason tilts his head as Nicole puts the pieces together.

"How long have you known?"

"Ever since you were born. We couldn't tell you because your father wouldn't let us. We would have been killed. But now that Spencer's on his way to kill Dal-pal here, we knew that wouldn't sit well with you. He's your Mate; you need him." Ian looks down at his feet, frowning in thought.

Nicole shakes her head. "How can I believe you?" she demands. And she's right. How can you believe a random person when they suddenly say they're related to you? You can't. But, they look exactly like her mother. It's true. And Nicole knows that. Her eyes widen and she shakes her head. "This can't be possible."

"But somehow it is." I finally say, taking a step towards her and resting my hand gently on her shoulder. "And now we can prepare for this attack."

A/N:

Sorry that it's so short guys! I've been really busy and I've been having Writers' Block. :( Love you all!