|5|

*Grian's POV*

Flying aimlessly through the clouds is such a refreshing feeling, I just wish I was in a better mood so I could really appreciate it. The events from just under 20 minutes ago kept replaying in my head. Mumbo hit me, in fact, he did much more than that. I could've gone blind! I suppose it is my fault though, isn't it?

I decided it was a good idea to land, in order to save my last few rockets.
Checking my phone, I see that I have several dozen missed calls, some from all the hermits, the group chat has gone ballistic as well.

I decided to hide out in a cave for the next... forever. Might as well make it look nice, right? Eh, I don't feel like it right now, I'll get to redecorating eventually.

My right eye had began to swell, even bleeding a bit. Mumbo was typically a very peaceful man, what made him act out like that? Was it stress? Hatred? probably both.

'I guess I should probably get a bed, huh?' humming to myself after about 5 minutes of worthless pondering.

I placed down the spare ender chest that I always keep on me, and pulled out a shiny pair of unused sheers.

The oddly refreshing heat of the calm summer dusk hit me in a wave, and the untouched soil underneath my feet was surely a welcomed feeling. Even through my netherite boots I could tell how soft the grass was. I was in so much of a hurry that I never got to appreciate the surroundings of the cave.

It was chiseled into a cliff with a small but very very tall waterfall, which created a small creek that flowed into a pond covered in lily pads and inhabited by frogs, dragonflies, and several small fish. There were tons of flowers, all different kinds. It's a miracle he found this place since it's completely surrounded by birch trees.

out of the corner of my good eye, I saw a small sheep, probably only about 5 months old. Carefully walking up to it, I slowly reached my hand out, holding a clump of grass. As soon as the sheep began to eat, I started sheering it. and once I had enough wool, I left the dainty creature alone.

the wool from the sheep was a pretty off white color, almost like a creamy gray, the bed was very soft too.

.
.
.
-Time skip-
.
.
.
.

12 sleepless hours later, I got out of my criminally comfortable bed.

I ignored the growling from my stomach and walked out of my cozy cave, waking barefoot over to the pond. As I get closer to the pond I notice that instead if being surrounded by grass, the small body of water is surrounded by soft moss.

I soaked my toes into the cold, crisp water, forgetting my problems as the fish begin to nibble on the dry skin on my toes.

just then, I heard quiet footsteps behind me.

I quickly whipped around, hissing in pain as a sharp stinging shot through my back.

Instead of Mumbo or Iskall, I saw the sheep from last night

it was slowly walking over to me, as though asking permission to enter my new found haven.

she silently laid down, resting her head on my lap, and just like that, we both fell asleep.

I had quite a nice dream during that nap, it was very peaceful. It was just me, skipping stones across a large body of water, which clearly reflected the almost cotton candy like color of the sky. Each time the stone would skip, it would send another gentle chain of ripples through the water.

I think I'll call this dream, sky skipping.

(626 words)

a/n

uhm oops?
I guess I didn't realize how long its been since I updated this..
sorryyyyyy, I'll pre-write a handful of chapters so you won't have to wait like a year for an update.
ALSO 9K READS ARE YOU GUYS CRAZY