043. The Phantom.

THE THREE Pogues are now packing up some food for preservatives when JJ suddenly asked. "You sure he wasn't just being weird Pope?" He looks over at Kie. "It wasn't really the kind of thing that needed interpretation." She hands over the food to Josie who passes it to JJ who packs it into the box.

"Is that gonna be enough food for them?" Kie asked and JJ glanced up. "I mean, for a couple of weeks, and that's all they need, so..." JJ said and Kie looks up at them. "Look, I think I actually hurt his feelings." She says and Josie looks at her. "Don't beat yourself up too much, Kie." She says as they follow her out of the Wreck with JJ holding the box of food.

"He's completely changed his feels. The past 24 hours have been like Jekyll and Hyde." JJ says as Josie holds open the door for JJ. "I hate to admit it, but I miss the old Pope. At least I knew what to expect from him." Kie says as JJ loads up the box into the back.

"Where you been?"

"Uh, I'm fine. I slept here." Kie says as Josie waves at Anna. "Well, we were up half the night, scared to death, looking for you. Were you even gonna tell us?" She asked her daughter. "Well, I'm telling you right now." Kie glanced away. "What the hell are you three up to?" Anna glanced at Josie and JJ.

"I'm sorry, Miss Anna, we just gotta go." JJ said as he walks around the car. "Sorry." Kie says. "No. I'm sorry. Absolutely not." Anna says as Josie follows JJ around to the other side. "This is not safe for you to do!" Anna tells her daughter. "I'm sorry, mom. I have to go!" Kie says as Anna kept the door wide open.

"These cops are armed, Kiara. You're gonna get yourself shot!" The woman tells her daughter. "I have to go!" Kie says and Anna refuses. "I am not letting you do this!" She says. "Mom, John B needs me!" Kie raises her voice. "Kiara! You need to stay here." Anna says.

"I understand. I'll be careful." Kie says as she finally got the door closed after getting her mom out of the way. "Kiara! Open this door!" The woman shouts at her. "Sorry! I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." Kie ignored her mother before driving away and Josie glanced at her.

The three drive in silence now on the way to JJ's house where Josie looked at the boy right away. "Home sweet home." He says and Josie stared at him. "Do you want me to go with you? Because I will..." She says and he just adjusted his cap, shaking his head.

"No. This will only take a second." He tells her and she just nods. "Okay..." She says before looking over at Kiara. When JJ looks back at them, the pair send him encouraging smiles and Josie sighs, looking away. "How did you do it? Reject JJ and have him not be mad at you?" Kie suddenly asked the girl.

"Well... I-I told him the truth. That I like girls. I think deep down, he might actually be mad, but he hides it well. I-I don't know. I think he has too much of a good heart to show he's mad at me." She says, looking over to the house and Kie just nods her head slowly, looking away. "I get it, you know. When you like someone and... they don't like you the same way, you know. I'd be... hurt and disappointed too." She says then JJ comes walking out the house. "There he is." She tells Kie who starts the car.

"Everything okay?" Josie asked JJ, looking back at the boy who got into the backseat. "Yeah..." JJ nods, raising his hand to show them the key to the Phantom and Josie smiles, turning back around but JJ's eyes linger on her as Kie backs up the car and drove off.

Next stop was getting the Phantom. On the way there, JJ kept staring at the key and Josie noticed Kie's worried face. "It'll be fine, Kie." She reached out, grabbing Kie's hand. "Yeah. It'll be fine with the Phantom. She'll get out of here quick." JJ said and up ahead, cop cars speeds their way. "Woah, woah, woah." JJ says but the three cars just pass them.