Chapter 3: The search for Valt

Author Notice: Already on the 3rd chapter. Enjoy!

                                                                                                                                                  Monday, 13th of February
Dear Valt,
We just came back from looking for you. It's 12:00 a.m. but I wasn't feeling sleepy. During the morning, we all went out to search for you. We went to the snake pit. The only place I hoped we wouldn't have to go to. I saw you. I did. But you didn't seem to recognize me.

I can still remember. A boy with blue hair and a mask covering his top-half of his face came out. That's when I saw you. I knew very well that was you. Rantaro and the others didn't seem to believe me, but...I would recognize that voice anywhere. Usually your voice was bright and happy, but this time...it was dull and unwelcoming. 'What do you want?' You asked. 'Hey! We're here to search for our good friend, Valt!' Rantaro replied. You just stood there. It brings back so many memories...memories I want to forget. Memories from when I was Red Eye. For a moment there, I thought you would come back to us, I thought you would finally realize what you were doing was dumb. But...no. You didn't. I felt so sad...so very sad. Why? I don't know. You are my best friend. Or maybe you were.

I wanted to cry, I really did. But Shu Kurenai doesn't cry, especially over something petty. That's what you would say in your situation right now. But no. This is nothing 'petty.' Let me remind you, losing your childhood best friend isn't something petty. It should be something you'd cry about. But hey, at least when I give you these letters, you'll be back to normal. That is...if you do ever come back to us.

Your best friend,
Shu Kurenai