Chapter 8: Failure is unacceptable

Author Notice: Around 1 or 2 more chapters to go! Enjoy :)

Third PER

It's officially been 4 weeks ever since 'that' happened. Just a few days after the third week, Shu had completely stopped coming out of his tent.

When others tried to comfort him and encourage him, all he said was, 'Failure is unacceptable, I failed Valt, peridot.' However things went different after four whole weeks. 'Shu, may I come in?' Wakiya asked as he opened the zipper to Shu's tent. 'Okay, first of all, you stopped taking care of yourself, stop being a pain and go eat for once!' Wakiya complained arrogantly. Shu just stayed silent. 'Now second, how long do you even plan on making us stay here? School is going to be starting in a few days, you know!' Wakiya added. When Wakiya finally realised Shu wasn't going to talk, he decided to actually reassure him.

'This is about Valt, isn't it?' Wakiya questioned, with a hint of sorrow in his voice. 'Well, you're going to have to accept things this way...or...I don't know,' Wakiya tried to help. As he was about to leave, he said one more thing.

'Valt never gave up on you when you were Red Eye, so why.........are you?'

That, caught Shu's attention. He had realised he was making a big mistake. He was starting to lecture himself of his biggest slip-up yet. Had he really started to give up? He questioned himself.

He rushed out of the tent, finally eating and going back to his old self. Because, the real Shu would never give up. He thanked Wakiya, and as always, he got a bit too big-headed.

Shu grabbed Spryzen and ran to The Snake pit, apologizing to his bey in his mind. When he got there, the doors opened, letting him walk inside. Ashtem was waiting for him.

'So you finally decide to show up, Red Eye.' Ashtem greeted him. Shu grudged and corrected him, 'Yeah and the name's Shu.'

'I take it you're here to attempt to save your so called best friend once again, hmm?' Ashtem retorted. 'You could say that.' Shu replied. 'Sorry to be the one to break it to you, but Blue Eye doesn't want your saving, you're wasting your precious time.' Ashtem smirked.

'Okay, but please, let me say just seven words to 'Blue Eye' then I'll stop bothering you and him.'

'Right this way, then.' 

Author Notice: Hope you all are enjoying the book so far! :D