Chapter 7: High

Frankie's Pov: Today, I smoked my first cigarette and now I'm starting to feel a certain way, like I'm high and man does it feel good.

Denise: Frankie, I'm home and I bought you some lunch and picked up your prescription.

Frankie: Okay. * he says trying to sound normal. *

Denise: I'll bring your lunch up and bring your medication to you; you'll have to start it tomorrow.

Frankie: Okay. * he says spraying some colon on to get rid of the cigarette smoke smell on his clothes *

Denise: Here is your lunch and your medication.

Frankie: Thanks, after I eat, I'm gonna go to sleep. I'm tired.

Denise: No problem, sweetie; I hope that you enjoy your nap.

Frankie: Yeah, me too.

Denise: Love You.

Frankie: Love you too mom.

When Denise is about to eat her lunch, her phone rings letting her know that someone was calling her and wanted to talk.

~ Phone Call ~

Denise: Hello.

Hannah: Hi Denise, its Hannah.

Denise: Hannah who?

Hannah: Hannah Lyons, you know Hazel's mom.

Denise: Oh, my goodness, Hannah. It's been a long time.

Hannah: I know, Hazel and I have been trying to get organized still.

Denise: How is Hazel? 

Hannah: She is doing better; she had some type of disease, but the doctors got her on the right treatment for it and she is doing great, and she is being successful as usual.

Denise: I'm so glad, Kevin, I and the boys were praying for her.

Hannah: Thank you, we needed them.

Denise: Frankie isn't sick anymore and went to school but now he is back at home. One of the kids at his high school was bullying him and was randomly kicking him and fractured three of his ribs on his left side and now he has to miss 6 weeks of school because that is how long it takes for ribs to heal.

Hannah: Oh, my goodness.

Denise: The bullying got worst.

Hannah: I'm concerned about him.

Denise: Me too, he always is depressed, and I'm concerned that he might be hiding something.

Hannah: Oh wow.

Denise: As a mom, it really breaks my heart.

Hannah: I get it, I felt the same way when Hazel went through her depression.

While Denise is on the phone with Hannah Frankie, sneaks in the pantry where the alcoholic drinks are and steals a bottle of vodka and a glass. 

Frankie: I hope that my parents don't find out about the vodka. * he says to himself before pouring himself a glass and drinking it *

Denise: Hannah we have to get together for drinks sometime and you know reconnect.

Hannah: That would be nice, and Hazel and Frankie could reconnect as well.

Denise: I agree, I think that it would be nice, for Frankie to see someone who cares about him and makes him feel better; he thinks that nobody cares for him and that he isn't loved.

Hannah: That isn't true.

Denise: That is what I have been trying to tell him.

After Frankie drinks the vodka that was in his cup, he immediately puts the cup down and rushes to the bathroom to throw up.