Back to where she started

"Finally you're both back. And she didn't kill you" GLaDOS watched the two tiny humans come back in deadly silence. Chell clung onto her companion cube hoping that some how it would provide protection from what was to come. It was a lot darker than she had remembered. Once again she was blocked away from the sun.

"It was difficult to get her here...s-she ran away"

"Well what did you expect? Betrayal hurts you know" That was the one thing GLaDOS knew she had in common with Chell. They had both felt that sting of betrayal. They had learnt the cold, bitter truth the hard way. The people closest to you hurt you the most. It had also become something she almost admired. No matter how hard things seemed to get Chell hadn't given up. It used to annoy her. Now that trait would come in handy. "I'll guide you from here. Oh and one other thing"

She presented a familiar sight. The portal gun. No extremely dangerous trip around the facility was complete without it. This would make life a lot easier. After all Chell was an expert at using portals to her advantage by this point. Quickly she headed towards the door.

"Oh and Chell...good luck"

She nodded politely and started on her journey.

"Now what? Do we just wait?" asked Wheatley

"You're going with her. Don't get me wrong I still think you're a moron but there is no way I'm letting that girl simply run riot again. Ever tried picking up 90,000 shards of glass on your own?"

He followed her out into the narrow corridor. The silence was deafening. He tried to start some sort of conversion but she barely took notice of him.

She wondered what terrible thing she had done in a past life to deserve this. Why did she keep finding herself tied to this place? There was no way out now until she had done her job. Once again she was trapped down in the dark. Walking in the shadows of so many who had gone before her. As they walked she said a silent prayer.

Please God. Don't let me die here.