Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Song: Colbie Calliat “I Do” (song in external link)

Taylor POV

We had officially been together for four months since September. I had planned on going home for the holidays but those plans were trashed when Coach said we were having practice all during break. I was sort of disappointed I didn’t get to be with my family. But The Howards were more than happy to take me as there family. They treated me like I was they’re son. I could tell Mrs. H was sort of pissed off that Mark hadn’t been able to come home. When I had called to tell mom Merry Christmas, I could hear the hurt in her voice. Her only child wasn’t there for Christmas. I had told my parents about Nico, and how great she was.

“Well honey, when am I going to get to meet this notorious Nicollette?” my mom asked.

I thought when the next break I would have was.  Then I remembered coach was letting us go home New Year’s weekend. “How about this coming weekend?” I asked.

I heard my mom squeal into the phone. “Steve! Taylor’s coming home!”

“Kim, calm down” I heard my dad say in the background.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry” She said as she calmed down.

“So mom can I bring Nico?”

“Of course honey, I want to meet this girl!”

That conversation went easier than planned.

So when I gave Nico her gift I thought that maybe it would be a good idea to tell her about New Years. I gave her the gift, and I could tell I did the right thing. After she kissed me she snuggled close to me. This would be the perfect moment.

“So I get a break for New Year’s break” I casually said.

She looked up at me with her green eyes. “Really?”

I nodded. “Yeah, I’m going home for the weekend”

I could feel her stiffen. “Well that’s cool” She said getting up and walking over to the door.

I quickly got up, chasing after her.  “Baby, I want you to come with me” I said grabbing her hand stopping her.  

She looked back at me. “Taylor, you don’t get to see your parents much. I don’t want to take that small time you do get to have with them”

“Nico I want you to come and meet them”

She looked up at me. “I guess I can go”

Wow! That was easier that I thought.

I had already talked to Mr. H about it before I had asked Nico, he said that would be good. Give him and the Mrs. some time alone.

Well we left Wednesday morning. Nico had been stressing over what she was going to wear all week.

“Taylor I don’t want them thinking I’m this puck bunny you picked up” She kept repeating through the whole week.

I reassured her that they wouldn’t; I don’t think she believed me though.

Well early Wednesday morning the Howards dropped us off at the airport. We promised them we would call them when we landed, and told them to relax while we were gone.

On the flight Nico slept for a little, this was too early for her. I just watched her sleep. She was so peaceful.

“Could you stop being a freak and stop watching me sleep” She mumbled into my shoulder.