Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Song: Our Lady Peace "Somewhere Out There" (song in external link)

After the night of my dream episode, Taylor was more protective, and caring. We weren't really dating, or together, we just liked each other. He would take and pick me up from school, and we would find somewhere to hang out alone. Some place where we could run away from reality, because once we went back to reality, life sucked. He'd help me with my home work, and watch Friends together. I don't think anyone knew Taylor and I. We would try to sneak it, like holding hands in under the table, and sometimes he would sneak over to my room, just to cuddle, and hold me. We wouldn't do anything, we both agreed to go slow. Hockey had started up, and he was busier than normal. We would find everyway to be together, without anyone knowing. He was gone almost every other night so, we had very little alone. But we made it work.

We were playing with fire, yes, but I never thought that playing with fire could make me feel whole again. But how long would this last.

Taylor had wanted to do something, like bowling or go karts. I thought maybe putt putt would be good. Little did I know that those were the only things to do in this town, and all the teenagers of Windsor would be there.

I was going to pull the ditzy girl, I don't know how to golf trick. And guess what? It worked! He stood close behind me, close enough for me to feel his solid chest behind me, and his strong arms around me.

"I knew you two would get together!" I heard behind us.

We both turned and saw Ryan and Jackie behind us. Jackie had this ecstatic smile on her face, while Ryan had a shit eating grin plastered on his lips.

"I told you! I told you! I told you!" Jackie jumped up and down.

"What did she tell you?" Taylor whispered.

"She said we would be together by Christmas"

"And look it's not even Halloween" Jackie informed us.

"God I hate it when she's right" he said taking my hand.

"Don't we all" Ryan said.

"We can get out of here" Taylor offered.

"No it's cool" I said.

He nodded. "Whatever you want"

I smiled, then leaned up and kissed him.

"Aww you guys are so cute"

I just smiled. But I could tell Taylor wanted us to be left alone.

After that eventful night, Taylor had a home game that he wanted me to go too. My uncle and aunt still had no idea what was going on with us. As I sat in the stands, waiting for the game to start, it was weird being so close to ice and not wanting to skate on it. I didn't have any kind of desire that took something away from me. My uncle had went and got food for him and my aunt. So it left me and my aunt alone.

"I'm happy you decided to come" She said. "I know it means a lot to Taylor"

I smiled as I watched Taylor and the other Spitfire's warm up for the game.

"So when were you guys going to tell us you were together?" She asked.

I could feel a huge ball form in my throat. Please don't be mad. Please don't be mad.

I looked at her, and she had a smile on her face.

"You're not mad are you?"

She sighed. "Honey of course not" Thank God! "Disappointed you didn't tell us, but no I'm not mad"