Chapter 11

Ok this is the second to the last chapter of this story, BUT! I'm doing a sequel, which wont be all lovey and dovey like this one. That one will deal with issues of long distance relationships and if Nico can handle it. Hope you like it guys! Comment and tell me what you think.

Chapter  11

Song: Taylor Swift  "Echanted" (song in external link")( Ps: This song makes me bawl like a baby, so if your a emotional person like me, have a tissue next you)

And for the second consecutive year the Windsor Spitfires are the Memorial Cup champions”

As the clock ran out, the whole bench flooded the ice. I was sitting between Taylor parents and my aunt and uncle. The whole crowd was on their feet for the last five minutes of the game. When the announcer said that Spitfires had won it all, the stands went crazy. I hugged my aunt and then turned and hugged Kim’s neck.

“He did it” She whispered. I could hear the tears strangled in her voice. I looked in her eyes as a tear fell down her cheek.

I looked at Taylor as he looked up at me in the stands. I blew him a kiss, and walked down the stairs to get as close as I could to the ice.

He skated over to where I was standing.

“You did it!” I yelled so he could hear me.

He shook his head ‘No’ “No baby, we did it”

I could feel my cheeks redden.

“The Stafford Smythe Memorial Trophy goes too…….. Taylor Hall”

My mouth dropped, and he just smiled, shrugged his shoulders and skated away.

I couldn’t believe I was standing here. It just reminded me that in a month he would be gone and drafted to wherever he was going. I couldn’t help but cry a little, as I watched each one of Taylors teammates skate around with the Cup; I guess you’ll call it. I finally had enough of it. I couldn’t handle it anymore. I had to get out of there. This was reminding too much of what was going to come of the future. This was supposed to be a happy occasion; and I was only going to make it depressing with my crying.

I told my Aunt I was going to walk to the condo and to have Taylor call me. She nodded, and didn’t ask questions on why I was leaving; which I was very grateful for.

The condo wasn’t far from the arena, easy walking distance. This gave me time to think. Think about the future. What would become of Taylor and I? Would he dump me, knowing how hard long distance relationships are? Or would try and tough it out until I got through school? He had been begging me to wait and see where he got drafted and apply to a school there. But I couldn’t do that, schools don’t run on Nicolette and Taylor time. So I ended up applying to University of Windsor with Jackie, which had an amazing photography program. He had been a little mad at me, but I knew how to make him happy again.

I walked down the streets of Brandon, Manitoba, it reminded me a little of Windsor. Windsor had become more of my home then Calgary ever was. I never felt like I belonged there. Now I finally found a place where I belonged. I had all the friends I wanted, and more. I finally arrived at the condo. Taylor’s parents had rented the condo for Taylors family and me, my Aunt and Uncle. It was extremely nice and big. Taylor was staying with the team at the hotel.

 I walked in and went straight to the bathroom and took a shower. When I got out, no one still was home. I got changed into a pair of flannel shorts, and one of Taylors shirts he had given me a long time ago. I ending up sitting outside on the deck and star gazing , looking at the lake for a while, all curled up in a blanket. I remembered all the times this past year when Taylor and I would spend hours on a blanket looking at all the constellations and holding, kissing each other. In just a few months he would be gone and I would be looking at the stars alone.