07. He gave up on life

TW: This chapter contains suicide! read at your own risk!

"Kagaya, do you know where your father is?" Mitsuko asked 

Kagaya nodded "he's in his room" 

Mitsuko ruffle Kagaya's hair before walking towards Yaku's room with Sora. She knocked on the door but got no answer from him "Yaku?" Mitsuko called out, she knocked again two times before finally opening the door. 

Both Mitsuko and Sora was shocked and horrified at what they witnessed. There, hang Yaku body. Mitsuko knew he was dead judging by how pale he is. She finds a note on the ground and opened it.

Dear Mitsuko-Sama

Forgive me, but i no longer can hold this burden anymore. It was too much for me.

This is the only way to free myself. I have been longing to be free. Free from the demons, responsibility, and my own family. 

Thank you for taking care of me throughout the years Sensei, please do know that this is not your fault. You have done more than enough for me. Goodbye, Sensei.

Sincerely, Yaku Ubuyashiki.

Mitsuko felt someone staring, she turned around only for her to see Kagaya. He was 4, but he had to witness his father death like this. Mitsuko said nothing but hugged him. 

Sora stared sadly at Yaku's lifeless body, although she was not as attached to the humans as much as Mitsuko, she still cared for them.