Three

"Mom, dad, answer the door." I yelled. Intercom kept on beeping, who so ever is on the door sure is very impatient. "Coming, please wait." I continued

"Zaela, are you in there, come on get out already. Hurry up we have informed your parents so hurry up." Someone sound scared.

What's wrong, why isn't my door opening? As I was sleeping and got woken up by the frantic buzzing of intercom, I found my rooms door locked. Why is it locked from outside, is it broken. 'Window', I rushed to my rooms window and found it locked too, what is happening why the window is locked too?

I scream for help as I realize I am stuck in my room and all alone in the house too. Frantically looking for something to open the window or door, I smell something acrid, where is the smell coming from? It is getting stronger. I can see nothing outside the window; it's all so foggy and cloudy. Why is there smoke in the house, it is dense, I can't even see the backyard. Is the house on fire; did mother leave the burner open? In that moment I realize those annoyers were my neighbours banging on my house door to rescue me, I am petrified that I am yelling even though I know I would not be able to call any fire man as the phone is downstairs.

"Help me, God help me, please, help someone." I scream thinking I will die burning alive on my birthday. 'Window'. I ignore the little whisper in my head.

Almost most of the house is caught on fire and now my room is being filled with smoke and coughing as the smoke is penetrating my lungs, I am losing consciousness, when did the room get filled with smoke, I couldn't tell at all, all i could do is cough and close my eyes as they itch because of the potent smoke.

I know I am going to die as I could see fire engulfing my room but I want to still cling on to life. 'Window', that whisper in my head again but maybe I am losing my sense I see something on my rooms window, what is it? A bird. All I could remember before passing out is that the apparition outside my window is deforming and it almost looks like a human. I should have listened to mother's advice of not reading the supernatural books, as even on the verge of dying I am hallucinating, or possibly I am not.

Perhaps I am already dead and in heaven as it smells wonderful, a nice fragrance, a pleasing scent. Slowly and steadily, I open my eyes and could see flowers and bouquets all around me with my parents, Kiyara, and her mom. I didn't think that my wish could get granted.

"How are you feeling sweetheart?" My father asked. "Does it hurt anywhere?" My mom continued.

Seeing their worried faces and totally shocked Kiyara, tears automatically flowed down my eyes tracing my cheeks, and all while sobbing I pour it all out "My head hurts a lot. Am I still alive? What day it is? Mom is everything fine? I didn't do anything. It was not my fault." And my loud sobs filled the entire room. When I finally calm down my father informs me it has been a day since I passed out in my room.

"It is the next day. My birthday passed just like that. Father, why didn't you wake me up?" I sobbed once again.

"It's alright child, we will celebrate your birthday just the way you want." My mother consoles me while holding me in her warm embrace.

"For the sake of God Zaela, you had me killed. Just take rest for now." Said my cutie little Kiyara.

"Uncle Vicktor I will go and call my father now as she is awake." She continued.

Sorry for the late information but Kiyara's father is a doctor and quite handsome too. Meanwhile Kiyara was gone and I was half asleep I saw the three parents exchanging words which I couldn't hear properly. All I could hear is Kiyara's mother scolding my parents.

"How could you leave her alone? This is unacceptable, that to be on her 17th birthday, pray the lord that she doesn't bear the mark, which is ridiculously impossible." Grits Mrs. Denna, Kiyara's mother.

"Mark, what sort of mark are you talking about mother?" Asked Kiyara. Before she could answer Kiyara's dad appeared and started his inspection.

"Hello Zaela. How are you feeling now?" asked the doctor.

"I am feeling fine just a little headache though." I answered him while he was inspecting me.

"Good, don't worry your headache will be gone soon. You are a brave child." He said "She will be fine just the shock stayed a little longer. You can take her home." He continued. Soon I was discharged but I am not feeling happy about it, as if there is something left to be tended or attended.

"Come Kiyara and Denna, I will drop you home on my way." Said my dad.

"Goodbye and take care Vicktor." Said Kiyara's dad, Arthur Roosevelt.

That night sleep came to me very easily as if it was waiting for me to lie down. But my morning started with a flash back, all I am doing is just starring at my rooms window thinking of how bad a shock I received that I started seeing a human flying outside my window. Have I really gone mad or is this some kind of hormonal change, what could this be? Sitting on my bed just woken up slowly and slowly I drown myself deep in my thought. A figure of someone standing by my window appear amidst the smoke, I went deeper to have a clear look of who is it, the more I press the clearer the picture is becoming. A boy, it's a boy around my age but whom? And a sudden pain craved into my head and I fell on floor with a loud scream.

I could hear someone running upstairs towards my room but the pain is so excruciating that I couldn't seem to get up and my whole body became so heavy that it feels like there was a boulder on top of me.

"Zaela, Zaela are you all right? Open the door." My father came, but what should I do I am trying so hard to stand up but failing at every attempt. What should I do, come on Zaela push a little harder, on the count of 3 you are going to stand up. I encouraged myself. I applied the remaining energy I had into that push and there I was standing like nothing happened as if the heaviness puffed away.

"Zaela, what's wrong. Answer me." He asked again.

"I am fine father. I just fell from my bed nothing else." I answered.

"Are you sure, otherwise allow me in so I can help you."

"I am really fine dad, just a bit under-dressed for you to come in." I uttered

"Alright, come downstairs, breakfast getting cold, okay. And are you sure all is fine? Should I send for your mother instead?" He asked.

"I am fine and will be down in a minute." I ensured him. I kind of feel bad for not telling him anything but I feared what would happen if I tell him. They already think that I am going crazy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you like reading this. Do leave a comment, it would be highly appreciable. Let me know how you like the chapters so far. See you in the next chapters.