Twelve

It is 4 in the morning when we reach ashore; sun is struggling to come out and the clouds seems to fight back in order to claim the sky. Yesterday's tension grew more as we have to walk through an Evergreen Tropical kind of forest, where trees are like sky scrapers and so dense that a person like me can go lost for not to be found ever again. Wind tells us to pay attention at every step as its howling between the leaves and branches, sounds that the water makes is enough to get anyone on guard as if its thumping on the shore to break free.

After yesterday I am sure of one thing, that I am not the only crazy thing this world has. Surely there are things which we don't know, but the question is 'Why me and for what talent was I scouted, huh?'

"It's good to accept your shortcomings but you must have something beneficial for you to be here." Whispers Zurie

Her words baffled me "You scared me, and what did you just say?"

"Nothing, just stay focused on the road ahead; you need to learn the patterns." Said Zurie

After an hour of hiking in the jungle where I became a zombie and Kiyara looks like on the verge of dying, we stop at a place which looks like a small hotel, an inn sort.

"It looks old and rusty but it's very cosy and warm inside." Said Zurie placing her hands on mine and Kiyara's shoulders.

"Stop scaring us." We both said in union.

"Excuse me! Rather than thanking me you are accusing me. Hippocrates. Hmph." Mumbles Zurie.

Right on the entrance it has a staircase going down opening into a hall decorated with candle sticks, antique vases, floor covered with carpets and a massive chandelier to top its beauty, supported by two flower decorated staircases going upwards and two big doors one on our right and other on the left. I saw few taking the stairs and one group entering the door on left, and I could not find the person from last night with flowing hair as all of them who took the stairs are hooded, so is another group. We enter the door on our right across the hall which opened into a room filled with lustrous rose walls and couches. The extra oomph to the beauty is the white engraved centre table with glass top. On every corner was the jasmine essence candle stick which complimented the glass chandelier looming from the ceiling.

"The door on your right leads to bedroom, there are several beds so choose whichever you like and to your right is the door for restroom. It is 5.15 as of now I will meet you here again at 9.30 AM with your breakfast. Take your time." said the commanding officer and left.

Few of us went straight to the bed but some including me Kiyara and Zurie headed for the bathroom. After taking a relaxing hot water bath we went to sleep too. Meanwhile in the floor upstairs happens a very curious encounter?

 Meanwhile in the floor upstairs happens a very curious encounter?

Author's POV

"It sure does feel great to come as a student rather than a Paladin." chimes a boy removing his hood.

"No hard feelings but you look great just as a student Horace." responds another one removing his hood.

"Oh! Do you want to get down to it, Rufus?" replied Horace.

There were two warrior dressed guys standing on side of the window looking out with their arms clasped around their chest not paying any heed to the bickering happening inside.

"May I humbly ask you to put it on hold, your highnesses, the professors are resting." pleads Nora entering the room which earns a snicker from the boys.

"Welcome, Nora and Theodore. Good work." greets one of the ninjas still looking out.

"Thank you and good morning and by all means, both of you look good as a student, why don't you just keep that profile Horace and Rufus?" mocks Theodore taking the seating next to the boys

"Can the student remain as cute little kids in front of their professor?" approaches a lady with a smile on her lips.

"Good morning miss Noir." all six of them greets in union with Nora giving a bow.

"Good morning it is, but my oh my, this year is going to be interesting, am I right Nora." asks Noir.

"Not sure about interesting miss, but it's going to be chaotic for sure.... May i present my report to the Primes."

"Yes, may proceed." commands the one with a dragon brooch adornment on his cloak.

"Your highness, yesterday's incident was the bidding of the two girls from ErMarina." reports Nora

"........., Augusts will be delighted." joins the other one with a winged eye sword as a brooch.

" joins the other one with a winged eye sword as a brooch

**** suggestive image of the brooch******

"OH! might I add something too, your highnesses." chimes Noir

"Please Miss Noir" said Horace leaning back on his chair and closing his eyes.

"Thank you, my lord. Speaking of ErMarina, we do not take any novice and fresh admission from that place. Am I right Primes?" Noir speaks

"That is what the rules and laws of Creyta states. Why?" replies the dragon brooch owner

"I met two new girls from ErMarina at the port as they deboarded the train. As bewildering as it was for me, I was amazed at the face of their obliviousness.... wait or maybe there was a mistake at someone's end, my highnesses." taunts Noir

"Miss Noir you are accusing us of incompetence?" said Horace "Or are you suggesting that Augustus overlooked his duties." he added

"No, your highness, I am simply stating that, there was something that did not follow the actual procedural route of Creyta. Who am I to doubt your competence as of this moment." quotes Noir

Horace stood up from his couch to walk towards Noir and places his hand on her shoulders plainly towering her "Miss Noir, speak in clear and sound diction."

"Let it go Ace, I will validate it with Augustus." said the dragon brooch holder "I hope for you to substantiate your words Miss Noir or else there will be repercussions." he added

____________________

With this I have introduced the main characters of the story. How do you find it?

Added the images for more joy of reading. Do leave a comment and a vote.