Fourteen

"This is ridiculous, are we not living in a free world, how can you accept all this?" I mumble going upstairs. All of this is crazy and so messed up that I am totally and completely pissed off at the system over here.

"Calm down, you will get used to it." Says Zurie

We reach our floor and guess what our room number is very interesting it is S-06. Isn't it Awesome? A peek inside and I can feel what we are in for. Room is small but comfortable with bunk beds and a quad-pane arch window. We drop our luggage on the floor and take to the bed especially I take the window one, from there I could see a part of the forest where a river is flowing, and a part of boy's dormitory. Sitting cross legged on my bed I said.

"I hate that bitch."

"Huh! Which one?" replied Zurie while shuffling through her luggage, after a pause of few moments she turned to us with lips lined in together "You will find many of that category here."

"Ah alright, I was talking about Nora." I spoke.

"Ahh! She does not belong in that category; she is actually a nice girl." said Zurie.

"Pardon!" I spoke.

"Yes, I was mean to her but it's our personal issue, she is a really good girl. Stay on her good side both of you." she exasperated.

This halts Kiyara, in her work of tidying her luggage, which again reminded me of a very important issue we forgot to deal with.

"Zurie, thanks to you we forgot to ask about this silver platinum thing."

"Damn, we won't have enough time for orientation." She spoke.

"No, we have orientation in the evening." said Kiyara.

"Yes, it is but you have other stuff to do before you can attend the assembly for example administration and registration, class allotment etc.," said Kiyara.

"What?" I growl and Kiyara assists too.

"Oh, holy lord!!!!! Listen carefully, the card determines your social status here and you are not allowed to enter just any place you want. In the hierarchy system we place third on the card basis. Another important thing is the map which will tell you the location around here. You must have the map with you right." She explained.

"No, we don't." said Kiyara.

"What am I supposed to do with you?" She roared. "Where did you put the entire content that came along with the letter?"

"It was just an envelope containing a letter." I said.

"You are telling me you actually don't have your cards." She asked.

"Isn't that what we were saying since the beginning?" I declare.

"Now what do we do? You will not be allowed anywhere and your authenticity will be charged of felony."

"What? That is their fault for not sending the complete document with the letter." said Kiyara.

"That cannot be possible; they can never make such a silly mistake." said Zurie.

All sudden the three of us became sullen and the long silence was broken by a knock on the door. Outside the door is standing an attendant with two boxes, I took them from him and place them on the floor, surprisingly they were marked with mine and Kiyara's name. I thought that it is some kind of a mistake but it was labelled as 'with love from mom and dad'.

We opened our boxes and it is filled with lots of stuff, there in the box is my new school uniform with a pair of shoes and stuffed toys accompanied with an old novel, a diary, an antique jewellery box and a letter at the bottom. I set everything aside and start reading the letter.