ONE

I am worried about my term end exams; will I get the grades I need or will there be a letdown. My life depends on the outcome of these exams I have yet to face. My school life sucks, and bonus to all the worries are my parents' expectations, "You can shift schools, get all A's". Insane, totally rubbish, and well I must score them lest I don't get to go to a new school.

I am Zaela Grimore, sadly but that is my biggest worry when I am about to turn 17 next week. My life you ask? It is simple; I just concentrate on my studies to get good grades, my parents allow me my wishes according to my academic results and everyday life, which is, going to school every morning, coming back home, lunch followed by my homework, then dance classes in the evening proceeds to dinner. After dinner I do some self-studies and revision and then goodnight. With every new sun my day repeats its schedule. The only thing that is different in my life is my bestie, Kiyara. She is kind, sweet and soft; she is small and warm with short hair and greenish eyes. I envy her for that.

"Kie, what do you think about this Creyta academy?

"Huh! Why? Are you interested?" asked Kie.

"A little bit. My neighbour attends that school, so his parents are all about how good the school is and how much of a scholar he has become." I responded

"Cannot say anything...... but, maybe the school is a myth, I never saw anyone saying that they are Creytanites or something." Answered Kiyara

"Yes, it is creepy as I never saw my neighbour coming home not even in vacations."

"Hey, worry about your result first as you screwed up one subject."

"I dropped the idea of new school as I won't be getting all A's, and I am doomed. What about you, how do you predict your result?"

"Guess I will be going to attend my choice of school from new session."

"No. I don't want to stay in this school all alone. Please stay." I beg

"Zee, focus your energy on convincing your parents. Maybe they will listen?"

Well, sort of I am working on my convincing prowess as I am definitely sure I won't get permission to shift school. My mother is a war lord when it comes to education and discipline and my father is her follower in that aspect. So, I am gaining all the energy I can. Though I should worry about failing one subject but that one word is eating my mind like a termite

"Kie have you ever wondered how do we get accepted in Creyta academy because I never heard of any acceptance interview nor exam."

"From what I heard either you are there to beginning with or you get recruited based on your talents or something along the lines. "

"So, the only available option to go there is to be scouted, right?"

"Presumably!!"

I did not notice that time flew by as her phone alert told us that it is already 6:00. Curfew is near and I must be home before it is dark outside. This is me talking to my childhood friend, kind of a chat over coffee. Well, what can I do the evenings when there are no dance lessons, it is so boring.

On my way back staring the setting sun and admiring the beautiful hued sky I stop by the road side and the thought occur to me that everything feels fake, I mean not real, kind of monotonous like it is sketched out. Won't you feel so when your today is the spiting copy of your yesterday? I wonder what my life could be if I let go of this monotonous way of living.

Amazingly there is nothing that can go out of place or wrong. A peaceful family, working parents and a very quiet and warm city surrounds my life what could possibly go wrong here? Still, I feel unease at times, feels out of place. Looking at this blood shot sky I get heartsick, at times I feel I am being called from far, from somewhere very far away, like a hand is stretched out for me but its nowhere. When I close my eyes to this dying sun I sense a presence in shadows behind the curtains of this bright dimming light. Sometimes the shadow scares me but at times it feels warm, melancholy and way too familiar.

The sensation of something burning in my eyes and running down my face broke me out of this weirdness. Gently wiping the non-existent tear from my cheek, I walk back to house taking in the evening view of this seaside city. I could have never imagined the upcoming turmoil of my life while taking that leisurely somewhat melancholy walk down the hill. The city that was once a stale place could become my nightmare, that scenario never crossed my brain in my entire life of 17 years.

Once again, I am Zaela Grimore and I hold forth our life's chronicle to all "A crown of life and death."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thankyou for giving this your time. I hope to keep getting better.
Hope you enjoy reading it as much as I do writing it. Do leave a comment of your impression of the first chapter.