Eight

"This is a surprise. You have a day off today, how unreal?"

I find my parents sitting in the hall as I came from school, though this is not that big of a surprise after that revelation from Kiyara and my eavesdropping.

"What happened, why are you looking at me like this?" I cannot put my finger on it but my parents look suspicious especially that grin on their faces.

"We are so happy for you. Oh! My God, you really did it. I cannot say how happy we are for you." My mom is really elated; I just came back from school, why she is so proud suddenly.

"Ah, ha-ha. Ha-ha. Mom, I don't get it."

"I will tell you baby. Michella just wanted to say that you got accepted into the best school." My father chimes

"Dad did you both just lost your brain, or have you hit your head somewhere." I am baffled; my parents do tend to blow me off now and then. I wonder what it is this time.

"Why, we really are happy for you. Congratulations!!!! Go pack your bag you don't have time; it's written in the acceptance letter that the orientation will start from next week." He pouts slightly

What, I got accepted into a school even though I didn't apply for any, looking at how happy they are it seems that I got a letter from at least the State school. Could it be my mom's doing?

"No way, I am not going anywhere and specially not to an all-girl school. You got that mom."

"Are you serious, what are you talking about, the letter says welcome to 'The Creyta Academy', look." Said my dad.

I stop wherever I am standing and thought that I misheard my dad when he said Creyta Academy but when I look at him it all seem like a fantasy because my dad is holding an envelope in his hand which was silvery with golden emblem. I rush and snatch it from his hand and see the marking of Creyta Academy and realize that I really got an invitation from there but the mystery is that I never applied.

'You get recruited based on your record or may be talent'

Kiyara's words run through my head; I was scouted but when? I didn't notice anyone approaching me saying that they are from Creyta Academy and want to scout me. Handing the envelope over to my dad I declare "I am not going to any school; I am staying where I am now. Especially I am not going into boarding."

"But why, you always wanted to change school and this is one of the best schools, you do remember our neighbour saying how his son benefited from there. Maybe you will also find something your worth there." My mom said.

"I said I don't want too. Please don't ask me again." I grumble

"You sure, as long as I remember, there was someone in my study looking and scurrying around for something. Maybe a particular book that person was after which I had relocated in case something happens. Right darling." he said giving me a smug expression "Ah, Didn't I send to Arthur." he teased me looking my way.

"What? Dad you really...." I hurried

"No. I just got it back today and placed it on my table drawer in my study. right" he smirked.

"Of course, you did. Oh, my mighty father, you are always correct. But I still won't take my chances. I want to rest, if you can excuse me." i hurried to my room

'Darn it, he knows I was looking for that book. Darn it, damn. What do I do? Should I take the chance at stealth tonight?'...... 'Ah! but he will definitely be at stake out tonight.' Pondering and sighing sitting on my bed I weigh my chances and choices.

A chill is running down my spine as I am remembering that my neighbour also attends Creyta Academy and that he is also related to the incidents happened to us in these past months. What if I accept the invitation and find out that he really is the culprit or that our parents are at fault?