Chapter | 4

----
"You always pass failure on the way
to success."
- Mickey Rooney
----

I got my stuff ready on my desk and waited till Ms.Taylor said something about what we had to do for homework today.

Lately it's been a lot, Saturday was perfect, he was perfect but like he said this won't ever happen again and I can't help but think that's not true. My emotions have been all over the place. Especially since Saturday would have been my dad's 56th birthday and also around the time he passed.

"Are you paying attention?" I hear Lyra say in my ear, making me come back to reality. "Uh-yeah of course." I tried to convince her.

Lyra laughed and shrugged her shoulders and went back to watching the teacher ramble on about our language homework like every other student in this classroom. I decided to do the same, since Ms.Taylor's finishing up with the class anyway.

-

I slowly closed my locker door after putting my bag in there and headed out the doors for lunch.

"Okay so I'm freaking out!" I heard Lyra say, as I came up to her and her other friend Jake on the football benches.

"Heyyy you guys!" I shouted.

My smile fades away so fast as I watch Lyras face scrunch up at my sudden appearance.

"I have something to tell you!" Lyra shouts out.

Why is she acting like she just got caught, she literally could tell me anything, we're friends, what is she on about.

I sit down on the benches as I just stare at Lyra and I watch as she takes Jake's hand, "Jake and I are dating!" She says, as I gasp quietly.

I'm quite surprised at her big news.

"OH MY GOD FINALLY! You've had a crush on this dude for ages!" I shouted and she burst out laughing.

But before I knew it, her face fell dead straight, "Oh and I found out something and it's not good news at all, you're gonna have to ask Bentley about it." She says, as I get so confused by this.

"What, What do you mean?" I ask, with a worried tone.

"I shouldn't be the one to tell you." She frowns "and you definitely shouldn't be hearing it from me."

"Uh okay, I'll ask him about it later.", I replied and she gave me a soft smile.

That was weird.

"Here, have some!" She says, holding out a box of cookies.

"Thanks" I said, as I took one and started eating it.

I watched as Lyra and Jake got a little too friendly with each other, me smiling at my friend's new found love, I decided I needed to leave.

"I'm gonna get going, I'll let you two love birds be." I spoke out.

They just smiled and nodded their heads and I got off the bleachers and left, walking all the way back to school.

"YO HEY!" My head turns to the exact direction I heard that from and I see Bentley.

With his arm around some other girl's shoulder, me walking up to them, he notices my furrowed face and immediately removes himself from the girl.

"Yeah, who is she?" I said with anger.

"She's just a friend, chilll."

"Well not-" Bentley cuts me off. "Don't you trust me?"

"If you don't trust me, how can we be with each other anymore?" He said abruptly.

"You're right, she's just your friend." I say, waving at the blonde girl behind him.