CHAPTER 2

I'll finally go there...

"You're Y/n, am I right?" the mouse-bear in front of you asked.

"Sir," you confirmed.

"For now, you'll be in the general studies course. If you prove yourself in the upcoming Sports Festival, you might be moved up to the hero course," he said. "Here's your schedule."

"Thank you, sir."

***

"You're new, yeah?" the purple haired boy asked.

You nodded, keeping a straight face.

"Then welcome to U.A," he said. "The Sports Festival is tomorrow, I'm excited to see your quirk."

"Thank you," you nodded. "I'm Y/n by the way."

"I'm Shinsou."

***

"I've only got one question before we start this show! ARE YOU READY?!" Mic said before starting to introduce the classes.

"Next up! General Studies classes C, D and E!"

You walked onto the arena a bit behind Shinsou, brushing a bit of your shoulder-length black hair out of your face. I'm a part of a set... again.

"And for the student pledge, we have Katsuki Bakugou!" Midnight announced.

As the blonde went up on the stage, a girl beside you sighed.

"First only for the hero course exams."

You sighed also. "Don't be so bitter about it. If you try hard enough, you still have a chance."

"You're one to talk, transfer student!" she hissed.

You smirked at her. Underestimating me is bad for you.

"I just wanna say, I'm gonna win."

You rolled your eyes.

First game: Obstacle course.

You sighed. Gotta do what'chu gotta do.

***

You were all in the tunnel. This is stupid.

Suddenly you felt a breeze coming and jumped up as an instinct.

The ice went under you. Or maybe not. I'm actually pretty good at this.

Smirking slightly, you started ramming through the frozen crowd.

Making it out of the tunnel, you started sliding on the ice, moving on fairly fast.

You came to a halt when you were met with robots who were falling your way.

Call me stupid, you thought, taking off again, running right between the robots. Going past the robots, you kept running. This is tiring.

Suddenly, there was a huge ravine in the ground.

Looking at the obstacle, your mind formed a plan. My time to shine. So you casually stepped off the edge.

Free falling, you locked your eyes on your target. The string.

A crystal rope shot out of your forearm, hooking on the string. You pulled it back into your hand, taking yourself upwards.

Once more. And you repeated the same thing with the other half of the ravine, being first to reach the other side. Todoroki came right after you though so you picked up the pace.

I don't want too much attention so how about a finishing place between 5 and 15? That should be a safe bet to get to the next round. But I won't slow down.

You reached the minefield, not stopping but just running on, careful not to step on any mines. In a situation like this, it is sometimes better to act, not stop to think. The mines are fairly systematically in the ground... So if I just keep the same length for my pace, I should be fine.

Suddenly, Todoroki glided past you on his ice. You clicked your tongue. Show off. Bakugou was right behind him. And another one.

Suddenly, a huge explosion came from behind the three of you and a boy with green hair flew over you. You frowned. Guess I'll place fourth.

***

And you did. There was a split second between you and Bakugou finishing.

The top 42 made the cut.

You sighed. I placed too far up... Well actually, there's no point in whining over the spotlight if I want to get to the hero course. For now - the more spotlight the better.