CHAPTER 3

You sighed. I placed too far up... Well actually, there's no point in whining over the spotlight if I want to get to the hero course. For now - the more spotlight the better.

Second round - Cavalry Battle.

"I have to team uuuuup," you groaned. I don't want to deal with this.

"Shinsou!" you called to your classmate.

"Yeah?" he asked.

"Can I be on your team? I know no one," you said quietly.

"Sure," he nodded. "Mind being the front horse?"

"Not at all," you said with a little smile.

***

"Start!"

"We're going for something bigger so we can secure a place in the next round," Shinsou said.

"Got it," you confirmed. "Just tell me what to do. I'm not too good at this stuff."

"Do you mind if I brainwash you for the round?" he asked "It would be quicker to get points that way."

"As long as I wake up to the news of being in the next round and you tell me all the stupid stuff I did," you conditioned.

***

"So what did I do?" you asked Shinsou.

"You ran," he said.

"I avoided making you do anything else since you willingly went under brainwashing. Besides, I don't know your quirk," he said.

"Thank you," you nodded. "Are we in the next round?"

"Of course. We got third place," he assured you.

***

Third round: 1v1 matchups: [I'm taking Shiozaki out]

Hitoshi Shinsou vs Izuku Midoriya.

Shoto Todoroki vs Hanta Sero

Denki Kaminari vs Y/n Sabishi [Fun Fact: Sabishi translates to 'lonely'. You used that as your last name in the times you aren't adopted.]

Tenya Iida vs Mei Hatsume

Yuga Aoyama vs Mina Ashido

Fumikage Tokoyami vs Momo Yaoyorozu

Eijiro Kirishima vs Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu

Katsuki Bakugou vs Ochako Uraraka

"Good luck," you wished your classmate.

"Thanks," he said simply, walking to start the match.

***

It took some time but Shinsou got Midoriya to talk. Midoriya snapped out of it and Shinsou lost.

Todoroki froze Sero into an ice mountain.

Your turn.

"Our first contestant is Denki Kaminari from class 1A! He is up against Y/n Sabishi from class 1C! Sabishi is a transfer student from Europe who has the chance to prove herself at the Sports Festival so she can transfer to the Hero Course!"

You blanked. Was all that really necessary?

"Start!"

Kaminari fired a bunch of electricity at you. But you hit him first with a crystal spike and the electricity disappeared instantly.

Got'cha.

"What?! My quirk!" Kaminari yelled.

"Yeah, sorry about that," you said walking towards him. "And don't worry, you 'll get it back."

While he was distracted you swiftly swiped his legs from under him and dragged him out of bounds.

He was also a bit damaged by his drawback so he didn't quite process what was happening.

"Sabishi advances to the next round!"

You sighed, closing your eyes. 1...2...3...4...5.

"There. It's back now," you said to Kaminari before extending your hand to him. "Come on up!"

You pulled him off the ground and he smiled at you. "You're very powerful."

"Thanks. We should get out to make way for the next match."

Hatsume just walked off the arena after making an advertisement for around half an hour.

Aoyama got a stomachache so Mina won.

Tokoyami won, he was faster than Yaoyorozu.

It was a draw between the bulldozers.

Bakugou won due to Uraraka's great plan failing and her being too exhausted.

It was break time now.

What to do, what to do? you wondered, wandering around the halls. The tie breaker is soon... maybe I should just go back and watch it.

Yeah.

Kirishima ultimately won the arm wrestling.

"Okay! Time for the second round!" Midnight announced.