CHAPTER 5

"Time for semi-finals!"

Shoto Todoroki vs Y/n Sabishi

Katsuki Bakugou vs Fumikage Tokoyami

"Start!"

An ice wall charged at you. You shielded yourself with light red crystals.

I have to get closer to him. You ran around the ice mountain only to almost be hit with another.

Almost.

There was a centimeter wide gap between them and you could see what your opponent was doing perfectly. He was walking up the ice mountain.

You smirked, sending a bunch of red crystals his way. You managed to touch him with one of those.

"What?" he growled, trying to activate his quirk.

You took the moment to run from behind the ice mountain to where you had more room.

He furiously turned around to look at you. "What did you do to my quirk?"

"Oh. I blocked it. Or maybe you're more familiar with the term erase?" you asked as he charged at you.

You quickly made a crystal shield and he ran into it. You felt a small pain near your shoulder. Gotta end this one before anything happens. You quickly reformed part of the shield to a string and put it in the ground since you made the end of it nail-like.

You stepped out from behind the shield and Todoroki charged at you. At the last moment, you dragged the rest of the shield into a string too and crouched down, making him trip out of bounds.

You winced slightly at the stinging pain in your shoulder and rubbed the place.

"Todoroki is out of bounds, Sabishi wins!" Midnight announced cheerfully.

You closed your eyes once again. 1...2...3...4...5. Your eyes lost the light red undertone as you deactivated the last part of your quirk.

"Good match," you said to the boy now standing in front of you.

"What did you do to my quirk?" he asked angrily, taking a step towards you.

You took a step back and raised your hands. "Calm down. You have it back already. No need to kill me about it."

He frowned and made a little ice on the ground. With one last glare at you, he turned around and walked away.

Rude.

Next match started as you got back up to your class.

Bakugou's quirk was too much light for Tokoyami's to handle so he won.

You stood up again, pocketing your hands. Now the finals.

***

"Start!"

Bakugou started yelling and charged at you.

You sent a wave of crystal spikes at him but he blew them all up. The second wave you sent was bigger and you managed to touch them with it so he fell to the ground.

"What?!" he yelled, scrambling off the ground and walking towards you. "Give my quirk back!"

You could see he was way stronger than you physically so hand to hand combat was out of question.

You sent a bunch of crystals at him but he swatted them to the ground, making your upper arms hurt even more. One more time and I'll bleed. I'm not doing this to myself. If it was a real fight with lives on the line, I would. But the only thing on the line now is my health. I think I've proven myself enough.

"Okay," you raised your hands. "You don't have to throw me out of bounds. I'll just go. See?" you stepped out. "Congratulations, you won."

"Sabishi is out of bounds, Bakugou wins!"

"What?! You bastard!" Bakugou yelled, charging at you.

He was knocked out by Midnight's quirk.

"Thank you," you nodded to the woman. "I'll give his quirk back now."

You closed your eyes, counting to five again. "There."

Midnight nodded and you left the arena. You rolled up your sleeves to see the damage. Your shoulders were scratched, on the verge of bleeding. "Not too bad," you muttered. "Not too bad at all."