Worry

I had melted the Ice Queen. Ever since Erica kissed me on the emperor of the season our last mission she had been acting different like she finally felt she could be herself. She was still the amazing Erica, the best superspy at the CIA's spy school, but now she was nice. She sat with my friends and me at lunch, smiled, and even laughed on occasion. She still had trouble with her feelings, but she was getting better. The only problem was after almost six months she was still not sure whether she wanted to date. After the kiss, we had gone back to being friends, only with an air of something more. Erica always sat next to me and had become my biggest supporter, though it was more like a best friend than a girlfriend. Things with Zoe had grown less awkward when we came back- apparently, she and Chip had started dating. Another big change was the two newest students at the academy, Mike's girlfriend and Erica's sister Trixie Hale, and Jawas girlfriend the exceptionally rich Jessica Shang. 

it was the last day before Christmas break and Erica, Mike, Trixie, Jessica, Jawa, Chip, and Zoe were all crammed into my tiny little room. 

"What are you guys doing for Christmas?" Zoe asked us. We all looked around, shifting uncomfortably to ourselves.

"I don't know. I was planning to see if I could stay here." I said. "after all my parents are down in Florida in witness protection. I cant visit them and I don't have much another family." I sighed. My friends all looked at me sympathetically.

"Same here." Jessica said. "after all, I'm not going to stay with my mom or dad in jail." 

"I was going to stay with my family, but now I feel bad about doing that," Mike said, looking at Jessica and me. "You can stay with us maybe?"

"Yeah..." I said, smiling at Mike. 

"Wait-" Trixie said, eyes lighting up. "what if you all came to our house? We could have a big friends-Christmas!" We all perked up at that Idea, except Erica, who sat on my bed. She continued looking at the sheets, not having spoken since she arrived. I looked up at her.

"Erica? Does that sound okay?" I asked, putting a hand on her shoulder. 

"Yeah. Sure. Whatever." she said quietly. Nobody else seemed to notice how uncharacteristically down she was, Trixie standing up and giving us all a radiant grin. 

"I'm going to go call mom!" she said, skipping out of the room into the hall. My friends got up, except for Erica. 

"So we'll see you guys tomorrow?" Mike asked. I nodded, and they left. Then I turned to Erica.

"Erica. Are you okay?" she nodded. 

"Just tired." she said, getting up. "walk me back to my room?" I stood, surprised, but nodded and followed her out the door. We walked down the hall to Erica's room. When we reached the door she unlocked it and motioned me inside.

"Come in." I entered the room, eyes flicking around the various kitten posters. Erica Triple bolted the door behind her and sank onto her bed. I sat down next to her as she played her head on the pillow. 

"Erica, are you sure your okay?" I asked, trying to feel her forehead. She swatted my hand away. 

"I'm fine Ben." she snapped sharply. "I just, I want to be with someone. I'm tired, and I guess my teenage genes are kicking in making me feel moody. Just, stay with me?" 

"Of course." I lay down next to her, face creased with worry. Despite Erica's reassurances that she was okay, I felt that something was wrong.