And the secrets begin...

I managed to get some of the leftover barbecue chicken and some other meat varieties but other than that, the mongrels had wiped the table clean. I spotted Mia sitting on one of the benches and walked toward her. A thought dawned on me as I prepared how I was going to give her all the details of my interaction with the outsiders. Mia was just a pack member, if Alec even had a suspicion of what was going on she would be the first person he would talk to. With Alec being Mia's alpha, she would have no choice but to tell him anything he wanted to know. No matter how much she didn't want to, her wolf would be forced to obey their Alpha. I knew she would feel like hell afterward if that did happen and she had told someone the big secret and I couldn't help wondering if it was worth it or not? Either I tell her because...she's Mia and I tell her everything, and risk word getting out and both me and Jace getting into trouble , plus stressing out the whole pack. Or leave it between me and the beta. I knew if Alec pushed Jace hard enough, Jace would have no choice but to admit what was going on aswell but he might be able to hold back more details than Mia. And he did reassure me he was going to deal with it. Maybe he didn't want me saying it to anyone else. I felt like a bad best friend just by even contemplating holding it back. If it was Mia I know she would probably tell me. I didn't think she held any secrets from me. I should be able to trust her, but as usual my logical thinking takes over everything else and I decide to hold off a while. It would work out best for her in the off chance things did get dodgy.

I plopped myself down beside her and immediately start stuffing my face.

" Your a real lady you know that? You put me to shame" Mia said, shaking her head jokingly. I finished the food in no time at all and turned to her, brushing crumbs off of my shorts.

"What can I say, I get it from them" I reply, nodding towards where Olly and Will are fighting over the last drumstick, growling fiercely at each other. We watch as Jace walked out of the house and made toward them, seemingly at ease again. He went to break the two apart and rewarded himself when he got them to back away from each other, by grabbing the drumstick out of their grasp and swallowing it before the others could blink. Which resulted in the three of them tumbling to the ground as they pushed and punched each other. They were like a bunch of five year olds.

"So what was the V.I.P meeting about?" Mia asked, continuing to laugh at the boys as they threw each other around the grass.

I tried to feign disinterest as I looked over at the others, knowing she would be able to tell I wasn't speaking the truth if we made eye contact.

" Just a stupid meeting about keeping the pack in order while he was away at that Alpha meeting" I replied, chewing my lip as I felt a twinge of guilt.

A few seonds passed and I was met with silence, forcing myself to look over I tried not to show my nervousness when I caught her studying me, brows furrowed.

"What?" I asked, desperately trying to keep my voice level. God, why couldn't I lie. I was the worst possible person at keeping a straight face. Nervous laughter made its way up my throat and I masked it with a cough. Well done Cora, good job on acting natural.

Finally, she looked away and instead brought them back to our pack members. Watching as Sarah and the other three joined the rest if the pack and started talking, engaging in a conversation with a lot of arm flailing, mostly from Olly who seemed desperate to get his point across, whatever it was.

"Ugh, your brother takes his job way too seriously" Mia replied easily.

Relieved I had gotten away with the white lie I turned to her, eyebrow raised.

"Of course he takes his job too seriously. After all he is just the alpha in charge of sixteen werewolves. Some of who are extremely peculiar" I added, nodding towards the boys.