Chapter 17

"You're right but you'll see. Eventually."

The words rang through her head. The memories flashed, the pain returned and the tears began to fall. She had promised herself never to trust someone again yet she had believed Rowland. No matter what he told her and even if his feelings were genuine, what he had done could not be taken away. He had lied to her and gone with Cassandra.

At least, her relationship with Cassandra was not as close as it had been with Melanie but just like with Rowland, she blindly believed that she had changed and she trusted her as a friend. The first night with Truth or Dare should have been a major red flag but as always, she had hoped for change and been naive.

As she tried to stand up, her legs were not able to support her body and she almost fell to the floor but was carried by Rick. Her three friends helped her out as they headed back to the girl's room. Nobody spoke.

When they finally reached the house, Brianna hurried to her bed as she crawled under the bedsheets. She covered her mouth with a pillow as she let go of her emotions and pain. When she pulled away, it was wet with tears.

"I'm sorry you have to see me like this," Brianna cried.

"Shh, it's okay. It's completely normal to react this way and if I'm honest, you're handling it very well because I would have gone to them and spoken my mind straight up. Although, I must say that it would probably have been a mistake," Jasmine said.

Brianna giggled as Jasmine hugged her and brushed her tears away. Lei began untying her messy ponytail and braided it loosely while gently brushing her hair. Maverick grabbed some water and a towel and cleaned her face.

"What should I do?" Brianna wondered.

"Stay calm and just have fun. You'd let them win if you cry in your room for the next couple of days. I'm assuming you want to break up, or am I wrong?"

"Of course, I cannot repeat the same mistakes that I have made in the past."

"I'm not done with you, Brianna Sallow! You'll regret what you just did," Melanie yelled.

As she hurried home, Brianna thought over the situation. Had she overreacted? Had she made a mistake by making a scene in the cafe? Was it her fault that both her best friend and her boyfriend had betrayed her in such a ruthless way?

When she finally reached the front door, she found her parents sitting in the living room. When they heard the door close, they turned around and by the look on their faces, Brianna knew that they understood. They rushed to her.

"Bri, what is wrong?" her mother asked.

"I - I don't k - know," she sobbed.

"Come, take a seat," her father offered.

Her father supported her frail body to the couch as her mother rushed to the kitchen to get her a glass of water and a snack. They exchanged worried looks but kept a reassuring smile on their face every time Brianna glanced at them.

"You were at the cafe, right?" her mother began.

Brianna nodded, before taking a deep breath.

"I was supposed to meet Melanie there. She was here an hour before and told me that Tyler broke up with her because he saw her kiss some "random guy from a party" and do you know who that guy was?"

"No?"

"Callum!"

"Oh my -"