Chapter 18

In the previous chapter.......

You brought your gun up and shot , and the sound of the gun firing echoed across the now quiet room.

Everything went silent as they looked at their boss that was completely fine, but on the other hand painful grunts could be heard from the pink haired male. While everyone was concerned about the boss you moved your aim from him to the traitor.

" HAHAH you should have seen your face, did you really think i would shoot him when this bastard simply exists?" you wiped your tears as you laughed.

The other executives saw that you shot Sanzu in the foot while heavy crimson liquid slowly tainted the white floor . You laughed at their reaction, they seemed scaredy cats, obviously since they were never in such situation, this will humble them for sure.

" Now now, you will come with me , while you others enjoy rethinking your life while you wait for your turn" you smiled as you grabbed the chair Sanzu was sitting on and dragged it behind you and out of the door.

The sounds of the door closing could be heard as they saw your figure disappear.

"THAT BASTARD" Ran screamed, frustrated by the situation that the pink haired led them to.

" Once i get my hands on him he is dead" Rindou said breathing heavily as the situation they were in dawned on his mind.

" Calm down and think guys, we are going to die if you don't think of something" Takeomi said , unsure himself of what was going to happen to them.

"In this situation what so you even think is even possible to do?" Kokonoi asked while trying to get out of the chains with no avail.

"Mikey , what do we do?" Kakucho looked at his boss that seemed distraught.

Their thoughts were interrupted by hearing screaming , no doubt that was Sanzu .
It seemed more like an angry scream more than anything else , but after a shot , everything went quiet.

They could now hear steps walking towards the room in which they were trapped in , the door opened and saw your figure walking in smiling widely.

"Now, hmmm who should i pick?" you fake thought as you touched your chin with your hand as you looked at the man in front of you.

Then you started to walk towards Mikey as he just looked at you with that same tired and blank stare, you could see his eye bags under his eyes decoring his pale face.

"I choose you~" you dragged him out as you heard shouts of protests from the executives .

[ play the song listed above to feel more emotions while reading this chapter , trust me]
Song: berlin ry x slowed

" So this is how it ends?" you said as you brought him in a different room, your room.
You looked tired as Mikey looked at you instantly dropping your smile.

" You know i actually started to like you, your life had been so messed up that i thought that even if in a little percentage i could  help you and  we could maybe work together as private investigators" you sighed .

" You did terrible things but you could at least have redeemed yourself by going against other criminal organisations....i would have been there for you. From what i saw in these months you are lonely and tired and can barely take care of yourself.
As i said you don't do this because you like this, maybe you have other reasons that i don't know of  but i know for a fact that you aren't completely bad."

"It would have been fun you know, me and you going against others and getting in trouble and then. running away on my bike while laughing" you smiled genuinely at the thought of it.

He just looked at you with wide eyes after hearing your sudden confession of wanting to help him and work together....

"I wish we met sooner" he said as he looked at you smiling sadly.

"Since you came here, i felt different, you perfectly understood how i felt when we didn't even talk more than once. And that day in my office i felt....happy.
I finally found someone who understood me without me needing to show my weaknesses" he continued "Everything felt less dark here, you always causing trouble and making everyone pissed, it reminded me of when i was in Toman."

" I don't know what will happen, but y/n , thank you for making me feel more happy than i deserved"

" Please kill me,end my suffering.
My life has been nothing but pain."

He said making you heart twist at the sudden demand. You always were the caring type and had high empathy that you had to hide for your dangerous profession, but this was just heart wrenching to hear from someone.

" I will not do that, Mikey." you sadly smiled.

In life going through pain is inevitable, but sometimes it's so much that it can alter one's life forever .

"After what happened today , you won't be seeing me anymore. I just wanted to say that even in the circumstances we met i'm still kind of glad that i met you and helped you , even if a little.

I just wish we could have met in different circumstances.

I wonder if  we would have been friends.

Maybe in another life.........."

He looked at you with sad eyes, you could see them shimmer with tears threatening to fall at any moment, seeing this you almost felt like crying too.
You and him got close in these months that you have been at the mansion, you knew it was bad but you couldn't stop the feeling of trying to help him whenever he didn't eat or he didn't sleep enough.

You made sure he ate and slept enough, it was weird considering he was Japan's most feared man.
But inside he was nothing but a wounded child.
Ans your saviour complex kicked in since you met him.

"Mikey, this is the last time i will see you, take care of yourself and please try to change. You can do it and i believe in you.
Goodbye" you said as you hugged him while the room went quiet.

" Don't leave"he said with a heavy voice.

" It's too late" was all you said as he saw your smile as you knocked him out and took off the chains he had on and then  made your exit.

Obviously, he should have expected that you would never kill him or anyone else, you were justice after all.

The detective and the criminal uh, what a twisted joke that fate had brought upon them.

———————————————————————————

Author here,
Writing this chapter was so hard, did you guys cry?