Chapter 2- Setting Off

Someone could be seen in the distance, flying in loops using their elytra, approaching the small island everyone had agreed to meet up on before they took off to the mansion.
The hermits watched through the blinding light of the sun to see who had arrived, as the hermit landed smoothly on the sand.

His sandy blonde hair blew through the wind. His hairstyle complimented his choice of outfit, a half-buttoned up red cardigan, with small rose tucked within the white T-shirts patch pocket. He wore everyday black denim jeans, and a pair of brown boots.

The hermits stared in awe, eyes wide and jaws dropped, as Tango stood there, a bit confused. With a quick look at everyone else, he realized he was the only one dressed nicely. He wasn't usually the type to dress fancy, but he wanted to make a good first impression.

Impulse was the first one who caught his attention. Mainly because of his choice of clothes, it seemed he decided to borrow Cleo's old Halloween costume and go as a bag of Doritos.

Zedaph stood next to him, standing proud in his costume of a bag of Lays. Tango blinked twice in confusion. He knew everyone would probably dress casual, or not put much effort into their outfits, but the fact his two best friends both went as a bag of potato chips made him on the edge of bursting out laughing.

On the right of Zed stood False. She wore a red sweater and black sweatpants with a pair of red sneakers, hair tied up in a ponytail with a grey cap.

Just when Tango thought it was just his best friends who forgot they were going to a ball, he realized False was going as a Pokémon trainer.

He looked over, to see Ren dressed up as a cowboy, who was about to double over in laughter.

Mumbo seemed exhausted, as if he just woke up. He had bags under his eyes and hadn't even put on his suit, he went with a plain T-shirt and baggy jeans. He hadn't even bothered to brush his hair, it was certainly a mess.

By the shore, Stress was wearing beach sandals and knee-length swim shorts, a Hawaiian tropical island tee, and a plain sun hat. Next to her were Cleo, Grian, and Bdubs, who followed the beach style, wearing a flower themed cardigan or T-shirt, with shorts and flip flops. They had taken the fact that it'd be over twenty degrees quite seriously.

Jevin was standing in the corner with Wels and Xisuma. He was in his usual clothes, an oversized hoodie and sweatpants, not seeming to notice how hot it was outside.

Wels and Xisuma were giggling beside him in their pajamas. They wore matching outfits: a cotton candy themed striped shirt with plain, fluffy pants, a light shade of blue.

"Someone's dressed for the occasion," Xisuma chuckled at Tango's expression, arms crossed.

"Yeah, unlike you who's wearing pajamas!" Tango blurted back. X looked a bit embarrassed as everyone laughed. "Were your regular clothes in the washing machine or something?"

"Actually—" He stammered, chuckling at the sight of Wels appearing beside him with a cheeky grin. "It was a dare."

Wels piped up from behind him, "From me!"

"You guys, this is a ball we're going to, not a Halloween party!" Tango laughed, a tiny bit concerned, but mostly because he thought it was hilarious.

They had a good laugh and chatted for a bit before finally taking off in their elytras in the direction of the mansion.