18

Earlier that day.

Soojin woke up in the middle of the night feeling thirsty; Minji slept peacefully next to her, the same could be said about the two poodles sleeping by the end of the bed. Clearly Shuhua wasn't the 'no pets on furniture' type of owner, with care she stood up from the bed and made her way out, everything was quiet as could be, everyone was in their room or so she thought as she stopped in the living room, noticing the window to the balcony open and Shuhua standing out there, all alone.

"Couldn't sleep?" She asked, approaching the younger one who looked back at her, surprised.

"Yeah..." She replied, before looking into the view again as Soojin got closer and stayed next to her, leaning against the railing and looking at Shuhua. "My sister... Half Sister... Her name is Li Hua." Shuhua said. "She's around Minji's age."

"Maybe they can be friends in the future." Soojin suggested and saw Shuhua sigh. "You're not coming back to Korea." It wasn't a question.

"I plan on staying there, with Debby, after our marriage." Shuhua replied as she looked down at the building. Soojin didn't say anything, she just looked at her. "She brings me comfort and-"

"Comfort will never be enough, Believe me. I know."

Shuhua turned to look at her.

"Is this about the guy in the picture?" Shuhua asked. "Who was he?"

"Seong-ho." Soojin replied. "Kim Seong-ho. He was my fiancé." Shuhua seemed surprised by the fact, nobody ever told her about Soojin getting engaged or maybe, they knew but never wanted to tell her. "We broke up two years ago."

"Can I ask why?"

Soojin sighed. "I dated him out of convenience, he was polite and respectful. A proper gentleman" She laughed. "We were fine at first..."

"What changed?" Shuhua asked and Soojin looked forward to the buildings as she thought back of her memory of that day. Things changed between them.

2027

"What is this?!"

"How many times have I told you to not go through my stuff?! What's wrong with you?"

"You didn't answer me, Soojin!"Seong-Ho said, waving the tiny pink box in his hands before throwing it at her, who caught it in time before it could hit the floor. She looked at him, surprised by the sudden anger outburst.

"Seong-Ho."

"Are you gonna keep on acting dumb?" He walked towards her, and Soojin flinched at the way he forcefully grabbed the box back, ignoring her struggles and eventually pushing her into the bed as he picked a piece of paper from inside it before throwing the box on the mattress, next to Soojin, letting everything fall off. "I'll read it for you if you want, maybe that can refresh your memory-"

"Don't-"

"My Soojin" He started, reading the piece of paper, the color now gone from it due to the time. "You have the prettiest eyes. I Like you so much."He threw it back on the bed and picked up another from it and Soojin just stared at him without knowing what to do or say. "My dear JinJin, you look so cute today."

"Aegiya-"

"What is this?" He asked again. and pointed at everything else thrown on the bed. "What is all that? Notes? Love notes to MY fiancé?"

"Seong-Ho, those are just... old stuff, from years ago-"

"And you kept them because...?"