Chapter 1

Grian sighs as today was a rather slow day for his shoppe. He glances out the window as boredom engulfs his day.

A sudden ding from the front door rips Grian from his thoughts and he looks up to see a man in a white ruffle shirt and black dress slacks, with the greatest mustache ever, standing before him with a fretful look on his face.

"How may I help you sir?" Grian greets the young fellow with a soft smile. "Could you do me a huge favour and grant me a place to hide?" The tall male asks.

"It's a rather strange request, but I could use a little excitement." Grian shrugs. "You can hide under the counter. It's the best place for now."

As the tall man hides under the counter, the door to Grian's shoppe bursts open and a group of well built men stalk towards the counter where Grian stood.

"Where is the man in the ruffled shirt?" The make at the front of the pack asks. "I don't know who you're talking about, but if I could help you find any trinkets then I'd be glad to help." Grian says with a fake smile.

The leader growls at the small male's sarcasm and grips the collar of Grian's red sweater as he lifts him over the counter towards him.

"I'll ask one more time, little boy. Where. Is. The. Man?" Grian only smirks and flicks a switch under the counter that is just within reach.

A click and whirr sound fills the small shoppe and the gang looks around confused. "What the hell did you do?" The leader snarls at Grian only to be met by a wicked smile.

Suddenly a trap door overhead of the main aisle opened and poured glue all over the men that stood there.

The shoppe is filled with disgusted cries as the men try to wipe the glue off only for it to spread more. Grian turns his head to look at the corner as a fan turns on on cue, blowing a Bartel of feather all over the men.

The leader drops Grian as he tries to rub the feathers and glue off, but it just sticks to his hands. He looks towards the small shoppe owner in rage.

"You better get going, you cock sucking scumbags before the big kaboom!" Grian says with a smirk. The gang goes into a panic as they scramble towards the door and leave.

"You can come out now!" Grian says as he grabs a mop and bucket to clean up the sticky floor. "Thank you so much for that, what's the name of my savior?"

"The name's Grian!" The small male holds out his hand in greeting. "Mumbo! 'S pleasure to meet you, Grian." Mumbo shakes Grian's hand.

"I hope to see you around, Mumbo!" Grian says as the tall man leaves with a wave.