2

(Chill pov)

It's time.

Grill is going to be here any minute.

There's snacks on the counter, there's banners and balloons, and all our friends are waiting.

I waited...

And waited...

And waited...

It felt like years, but it was probably only a few minutes.

Then he knocked on the door.

I rushed over and opened it. There he stood, blank faced. "WELCOME HOME!" Everyone cheered. Grill smiled a little and walked in the house.

The party continued for an hour until the last person left. I waved and closed the door.

Grill sat on the couch staring at the floor. "Grill?" I tapped him. He looked at me. I was a little teary eyed. After all these days, he's finally back. "How was it in prison?" I asked. "It wasn't that bad. The food was awful, but everything else was fine." I sighed with relief.

Grill and I spent the next few hours catching up on our favorite TV show, then went to bed.

I woke up in the middle of the night. I would normally wake up late at night while Grill was in jail. There was a weird feeling during those nights. Like I was being watched. Of course, Loaf was in the room every night and he'd stare at me for hours.

I yawned and went back to bed.

That morning, I woke up before Grill and decided to make breakfast for everyone. I've been practicing cooking while Grill was in prison. It reminded me of when we'd cook together.

I cooked up some pancakes and waited for Grill to wake up. Brew usually stayed in his room up until lunch. I assumed it was because he was researching topics for videos.

Grill slowly shuffled down the hall, looking at his feet. I gave him his food and sat down with him. Then, I noticed how downcast he looked.

"Grill, are you okay?" I asked him. "Did I get any mail when I was gone?" He asked me. That was not the awnser I expected. "Oh! Yes, you did." I got up and grabbed a pile of letters. "You got a new letter like, every single day." Grill grabbed the pile, thanked me, and went to our room.