4

(Grill pov)

It felt strange being back at school after so long of being absent. Everyone was staring at me. I could feel their eyes pierce me as a walked down the halls.

Besides that everything was pretty much the same, except it was a bit quieter. And it seemed less populated. "Chill? Did anyone leave while I was gone?" "The madlads did." He replied as if it wasn't important.

How did I not connect the dots earlier?

"It's a company of four people who claim that their business is a quick and fun way to earn money."

I could feel my anger surge as Chill and I walked into the classroom.

~~~

Finally school was over, and I went straight to the room with Chill. "Oh! You forgot to ask if anyone knew about those notes you got." Chill reminded me. "I don't need to anymore." I responded, sitting on the bed.

"These letters are from the people who blackmailed me, obviously. All I needed to know was who those people were. And now I know. The madlads." Chill sat in silence,taking it all in. It made sense. It had to.

"But where's the motive?" He asked me. "Well.." I stopped. Why would they want me to kill someone? "I'm going to find out." I said, getting up. I was going to pay them a visit.

"Chill, stay here with Loaf." I told him. I didn't want him caught up with any of this.

It was night and the moon was full. I snuck to where Brayden lived. Before I got to his house, I stopped. How would i confront him? Do i bang on the door or try to sneak in? I chose the latter.

I circled the house until finally finding a window that was left unlocked. Quietly, I snuck into his room only to find him missing.

"Where the fuck is he?" I whispered.

Then I remembered he's in jail.

Damnit

I was about to leave when I noticed something. "Is that... Me?"

I got closer to the wall and found a picture of me alongside pictures of Jack, Chill, Brew, and Spill. Brew's picture was circled with bright red marker. This must've been all the people he was planning to... Kill

I pocketed all the pictures then left to go home