5

(Grill pov)

"Chill. I found something." I whispered to wake him up. "What?" He yawned. I pulled out the pictures and let him examine them. "That's neat and all, but it still doesn't explain why they want to kill people." He said and went back to bed. I left the pictures on the floor and exited the room.

I grabbed my phone and searched up the nearby prison

"The prison doesn't allow visitors until ten a.m." I read to myself. The time is one a.m. I shuffled back to the room and laid on the bed next to Chill.

~~~

(Chill pov)

"Brew? Do you know where Grill is?" I asked him. "He wasn't there when I woke up." Brew poured himself and took a sip of it. "What?" "Have you seen Grill?" " Oh. No. " Brew took another sip of coffee and went to his room. "Maybe I should text him" I suggested to myself, pulling out my phone.

I sent him a text asking where he was. While waiting for a response I heard some strange noises coming from the bedroom. Loaf was gnawing on the pictures grill found from Brayden's house. "Loaf don't eat that, it'll make you sick!" I carefully pulled a picture out of the cat's mouth. The person on the picture was missing their head but I could see from the blue shirt it was probably me. The rest of the pictures were already unrecognizable.

I threw out all the shreds and checked my phone again. Grill responded.

(Grill pov)

The prison. A place I hoped to never see again. The grey concrete walls were the furthest thing from welcoming. I stepped inside the building and to a desk. "Hello, how may I help you?" The lady at the desk asked me. " Hi, I'm here to visit Brayden Madlad. " I told her. She typed some stuff into a computer and got up. "Right this way."

I followed the woman to an area were visitors could talk to inmates. Many people were talking to their lovers, children, or parents. "wait here while I get Brayden from his cell." The lady told me. I sat on a hard, wooden chair and thought for a bit. Why didn't anyone visit me while I was in jail? I hadn't actually thought about it before, but I don't remember any visits. maybe they forgot they could. Maybe it was because I was only gone for a month. Or maybe it was because they didn't care about me, or they hated me.

My thoughts were interrupted by the desk last coming back to inform me that Brayden was here.

Finally, I was face to face with Brayden. I hated seeing him. "Why did you do it?" I demanded an answer. "Why did you want people dead? ANSWER ME GOD DAMMIT." He remained silent. "What was your motive?" I begged for an answer.

"I was paid to do it." Brayden shrugged. Did he really think I was that dumb? "You're one of the richest people in this damn hill." I 'reminded' him.

"Visiting time's over." The lady from the desk let me know. " wait I-" "I said it's over." She repeated. I nodded and left the prison. " well that was a waste of time! " I yelled once I was outside of the prison. What now?

"I should probably text chill" I thought. It was then I realised he texted me. I responded explaining what happened, then started walking home.