6

(Chill pov)

I sat with Loaf on the bed waiting for Grill. His text said he should be home any minute.

Sure enough, he opened the door to the bedroom and threw himself on our bed next to me. And then he noticed the shredded pictures in the trash. "What the fuck did you do to the pictures!? We could've used those against Brayden!" He yelled. "Grill, please calm down." I put my hand on his shoulder. "I didn't touch the pictures. It was loaf. And how could we use those pictures against Brayden when he's already in jail?"

Grill stood silent but I could tell he was still mad. "Grill, I know. I know this whole thing has been just awful. But it's over now. You're free from jail and he's in jail." I got closer to him. " so can you please let this go? Let things return to normal? For me?" I started breathing heavy, like I was about to cry.  "please Grill. I care about you." " IF YOU CARED ABOUT ME, WHY DIDN'T YOU VISIT ME WHEN I WAS IN JAIL? "

The room was silent. Grill waited for an answer I couldn't provide. Grill shook his head and left the room, leaving me with Loaf.

I felt so guilty. Why didn't I visit him? I easily could've. Did I forget? How could I forget about my closest friend?

(Grill pov)

It shouldn't bother me this much. It really shouldn't. Everything was finally going back to normal. Why did I have to create unnecessary drama for something that could've just been easily swept under the rug?

I didn't want to be in this house right now. I wanted somewhere calm to relax. The forest was tempting.

I could also go to Jack's house. I know how welcoming he is. But I just wanted to be alone.

I opened the door to the house and began to leave when i heard Chill yelling at me, begging for me to stay.

I ran to the forest, Chill following close behind me. I knew the forest much better than he did, so I was easily able to lose him.

I laid in the leaves pondering whether I was in the right. Maybe Chill had a good reason for not seeing me. Maybe I'm being to clingy. Maybe I should go home and apologize.

(Brew pov)

My phone was ringing.
I knew it was probably Chill. I heard him yelling earlier. I looked at the screen. Yep, it was him. I declined the call. I had phone calls of my own to make

(Chill pov)

"Please answer. Please answer." I cried as i constantly tried to call Brew. He never picked up.

I was lost in the forest, as was Grill. The night was cold and any sound shocked me.

"Grill?" I called out. I felt awful, this was all my fault. If I had just been a better friend and visited him, this wouldn't have happened.

(Grill pov)

I could hear Chill yelling in the distance. I wanted to go to him, to tell him I was okay. But I remained still. This was all my fault. If I had just let this whole thing go I could be laying in my warm bed with Chill and Loaf.

His yells grew fainter and fainter. I felt awful for leaving him alone, so I finally decided to apologize.

I ran through the forest, listening for the sounds of his voice calling my name. After what felt like years, I saw the shadow of another person. "Chill?" "Grill!" He turned to face me. I could barely see him in the darkness, but i could immediately tell it was him. "I'm so sorry." He cried. "I'm sorry too"