v | home

.
.
.
.

𝐴𝑠 𝐾ℎ𝑙𝑜𝑒 and Jason walked into the mansion, Khloe spotted Bruce sitting on the couch. She put her duffel bag and case down by the door and walked over to him.

"How was it?" Bruce questioned as Jason made his way over.

"Fine." Khloe smiled. "We found the guy. He's in lock up."

Bruce looked from Jason to Khloe. "How was Dick?" He asked looking at Khloe.

"Fine. Why would you care?" She questioned. Not caring for her brother. He had left her and she didn't want to see him for awhile again.

She looked over at Jason who looked irritated. He acted like he didn't want to talk about the subject of Dick anymore and Khloe didn't blame him. She didn't either. "I'm headed to my room. I want sleep. It's been a long week." She told Bruce before he could answer her question from before.

She got up quickly and ran upstairs leaving her duffel bag and case still by the door. She ran to her room and went in, locking it behind her.

She put her back to the door and slid down it, silently sobbing. As much as she hated her brother she still loved him. And see him brought back so many memories of her, Dick, and their parents.

She wished them back so many times. None of course coming true.

She wanted to drown the feelings she was feeling. But had to wait until later when she would sneak out.

She'd hundreds of times and Bruce never found out. Jason knew. She had run into him one time while she was out drinking with some friends.

He promised he wouldn't tell if she didn't tell on him being out with his friends too. Khloe knew that Dick had done some of the same things Khloe had. Sneak out, drink, party, etc.

Khloe had never slept with anyone unlike her brother. She was surprised no one had come to the manor saying that he had a kid.

He didn't care who he had slept with. He just enjoyed it. And the next day acted like it never happened.

He couldn't really keep much of a relationship. Of course, Barbra Gordon was probably his more serious relationship.

Barbara was the police commissioners daughter. Batman and Jim had worked together on cases before Jim died. Khloe and Bruce attended the funeral as Khloe and Bruce.

A few months later Alfred died. His death hit Khloe pretty hard. It was so soon after Dick had left and Jim had died. Alfred was more like a father figure than Bruce ever was.

Alfred was there the day Bruce took the two Grayson's in. Alfred would help them with their homework, projects, and even play with them.

Khloe hadn't even told Dick Alfred was gone.

As she sat there crying in room she heard a knock on the door. She slowly got up, whipping the tears off her face. Hoping that whoever was at the door didn't know that she was crying.

She opened the door and saw Jason standing there. He saw her red eyes. He figured she was crying.

He walked in and gave her a hug. She flinched and hugged him back crying into his shoulder.

"Why'd he leave, Jay? He promised me he wouldn't." She asked him her voice cracking.

Jason didn't have an answer. He only came a few weeks after Dick had left. He didn't really know Dick, he'd heard tons of stories of the first Boy Wonder.

Khloe expected Jason to give her answer. Even though she knew he didn't have one. "I'm sorry." Was all he could say as he rubbed her back.

Khloe let go and looked up at him. Jason was a bit taller than she was so she had to look up at him.

"Thank you. For the hug I mean." She replied whipping her tears once more.

He gave her a small smile. "Of course. Bruce said dinner is ready by the way."

She nodded. "Why didn't you tell me that sooner?" She questioned as they walked out of her room.

"You were kinda having an emotional moment." He replied somewhat sarcastically.

"God, your annoying as fuck." She retorted trotting down the stairs.

"I know. And I take such pride in it." He grinned.

She rolled her eyes as she waltzed into the kitchen. She didn't understand this feeling. Jason made her get butterflies. She has always pushed down the feeling and hoped it would go away over time. But it kept coming back.

She never liked Jason romantically. She hadn't dated anyone since Dick left. She just hadn't found the time to date anyone.

"Khloe, Jason." Bruce greeted the two as they came in.

Khloe didn't reply. She just walked over to the table and sat down. Khloe picked up her fork and started to eat.

"I'm going to train." She told the two as she disappeared to the Batcave.