ℙ𝕖𝕟𝕖𝕝𝕠𝕡𝕖 𝕩 ℂ𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕚𝕤𝕥𝕠 (𝟚)

Flour.
Eggs.
Butter.
Milk.
Sugar.

She had all the ingredients she needed for her cake. Penelope started to get to work as she followed the recipe. She was excited to try and bake a cake - she hoped she wouldn't mess it up.

Soon, the large kitchen started to clutter with ingredients, utensils, bowls and the once clean kitchen looked like it had been through a food war.

Penelope didn't realise how hard baking really was - much harder than she expected. Finally, she put it in the oven as she started to clean the kitchen up a bit. She couldn't wait to try it and to decorate it. While humming a little tune, she started to get some icing and decorations to put on the cake.

Not too far away, someone was walking past the corridor they heard a familiar voice humming and as they walked to the doorway of the kitchen, they caught a glimpse of pink hair.

Penelope went to check on the cake in the oven to see if it was ready yet - to her dismay it wasn't. She knew it was going to take a while but it felt like years. As she wiped the counter with a cloth, she felt a pair of arms attach themselves to her waist from the back.

She turned to see the shining golden hair that she saw every day yet she never got tired of how amazing it looked. Callisto buried his face into her shoulder as he hugged her tightly, not wanting to let her go.

"Callisto?"

Penelope called his name as she wondered why he was here - she was sure he was busy today. Well, as the emperor, he would have a lot of work to do. It was only going to be a matter of time before she would be busy like him as her coronation to becoming empress wasn't too far.

"Mhm.." Callisto replied, lazily. His voice was muffled and she could tell how tired he was. Penelope turned round to face him and she cupped his face in her hands. She took a good look at his face and she saw him smiling. Penelope smiled back at him as they placed their foreheads together, while looking into each others eyes.

They stayed like that until Callisto properly looked at the apron she was wearing and he raised an eyebrow. Penelope laughed as she told him she was baking a cake. He asked her why she didn't just get the servants to do it.

"I don't know, it was just fun and I think the cake will be even sweeter since I made it myself."

Penelope told him and Callisto looked at her face as she was talking, specifically her lips. Then, Penelope felt another pair of lips on her own and she kissed back with no hesitation. As they pulled away, Penelope tried to free herself from Callisto's arms but he refused to let her go.

"Callisto.."

Penelope started as she gave him a look. Callisto only laughed and reached out to her. He tucked a piece of hair behind her ears as he looked into her eyes. Penelope felt her face heat up as Callisto leaned close to hear.

"I just can't help it..your lips are too sweet. So sweet that they're intoxicating." He whispered into her and Penelope was sure that Callisto smirked. Penelope was unfazed as she was used to his constant flirting but recently it felt she was starting to be more and more flustered each time he did this.

However, Penelope soon smelt something burning and she turned to see smoke coming out of the oven. She rushed to the oven as she opened it and smoke came bursting out.

She coughed and took the cake out of the oven. Eventually, the smoke cleared out and Penelope took a proper look at the cake and the once vanilla cake had become a dark burnt cake. She glared at Callisto , clearly indicating that it was his fault.

She placed the cake down on the counter and sighed. The cake, the first cake she tried so hard to make, was now ruined. All because of some idiot!

And that same idiot was trying to get his way out of this. Penelope took her apron off and threw the cake away, she then proceeded to leave the kitchen, while walking past him.

She walked to one of the sitting rooms and sat on one of the couches. Tired from everything, she fell asleep.

When she woke up, there seemed to be a delicious smell in the room. As her eyes lids opened, the once empty table, was now full of treats. Also, they looked delicious. Then she turned to look around the room, and beside Penelope sat Callisto.

"Well you're finally awake."

He said and kissed her cheek. Penelope was confused as she turned to look at the sweets. Callisto handed her a cupcake and told her to try it. Penelope figured that he must have felt bad so he laid a bunch of treats.

What she didn't expect was for the cupcake to taste so flavourless. She pulled a face as she set the cupcake down. How did the palace chefs mess this up?

"Guess my cooking isn't that great,huh?"

Callisto said as he smiled, sheepishly. Penelope was stunned, she didn't know what to say. He made all of these?

Penelope picked up one slice of the strawberry tarts and tried it. This one didn't taste that bad. Actually, it was really nice. She smiled as she turned to look at him.

"Thank you, Callisto."

She told him and she continued to eat some more. Callisto opened his mouth to say something but then a spoon came into it and he tasted something revolting. He grimaced as he swallowed it and Penelope only laughed at his reaction.

Then, they continued to eat the treats that Callisto worked so hard to make. While, occasionally, throwing bits of food at each other.