-29-

-the previous chapter in Persephones POV + Extra so don't skip-

✮'  𝓟𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓮𝓹𝓱𝓸𝓷𝓮  '✮

Everything that had lead me here was a blur, hardly able to remember as if i was in a dream like state until I woke up and found myself on the edge of a cliff.

Yet I can't find it in me to jump, to just take that step. A few months ago I would have stepped off easily. Almost like stepping inside my favorite store, eager to see what's in stock.

My tears flow freely as I realize I don't even want to die anymore. Simply being around Kol has made me want to live even if every single day I suffer.

He's the stars that light the path, showing me there's more to life that I don't want to miss. Even the simplest things, the way he only smiles at me, the excitement he radiates when I cook him something new or even the way he simply sighs in content when I hug him.

My heart knows what my brain doesn't want to admit, that I'll love him until all the stars in the universe die, no, even after. I knew it was a deep love the moment I had began telling the stars about him, knowing our memories will live forever in them.

He is my soulmate

Tilting my head back to face the sky that's adorned with stars I'm angry. I'm angry at the fact he makes me want to live. The most irrational anger I've ever felt.

The sound of gentle twigs breaking hits my ears, before I feel his gaze on me, he came?

It's like someone broke every wall I had, every reservation about opening my heart.

"I told the stars about you" I say truthfully, maybe getting everything off my chest is what I need "every little detail I could think of, every time you smiled at me, kissed me or ever just held my hand. I know our memories will stay in the stars forever." He doesn't make a move to get closer or say anything, I open my eyes deciding look at him as I continue.

"I really wanted it to end Kol, you know?" I let out a pained laugh, the one thing I've always wanted for the last few years I no longer want. "Having to relive the worst day of my life like it's on a nonstop loop only taunting me, telling me it will never end, that I'll truly never escape him, it's hell on Earth" I wish I was exaggerating. I had always dreamed of the day I would escape my fathers claws yet now that I have he still haunts me, torturing me in my dreams. I take a deep breath calming myself before the memories flood back

"I cant fucking do it Kol!" I scream at him, I don't mean to he doesn't deserve it. "I can't fucking do it and I hate you for it!" I hate how much he makes me feel alive,  like a breath of fresh air.

"I hate you because I fucking love you so much that I can't go through with it!" I groan, I had thought telling him everything would be what was holding me back but it's not. I finally walk away from the cliff, my sobs echoing through the empty meadow as I realize what I had put him through, and what I would have put him through.

"I can't put you through the pain I felt when I lost Penelope but most importantly I don't even want to die! Your dumbass makes me want to live so much that I feel guilty for any bad thought that enters my head!" I scream at him again, wiping my tears as quickly as I can. It is so exhausting having the guilt eat away at me as I thought of hurting myself.