-31-

✮' 𝓟𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓮𝓹𝓱𝓸𝓷𝓮 '✮

I straighten out my dress, pulling it down a little. Nothing extravagant just a simple long sleeved black dress that hangs just below my knees accessorizing with silver jewelry, it's a bit low cut showing more of my scars than I'd like but I refuse to hide any longer. I have lived in fear every single fucking day of my life these past three years, I refuse to any longer.

The only people who have been there for me, who have loved me through everything are in this house.

It also helps that I know my father will pay whatever cost to keep this out of the public.

It's the day of the trial, nerves wrack my body at the thought of having to see my father once more, and my mother for the first time in weeks. Letting out a shaky breath, I fix my hair one last time before walking downstairs. I made sure to wear flats so I would lessen the chances of me tripping and embarrassing myself. As I make my way down the stares I can hear Kol and Samuel in a heated argument although unable to decipher exactly what they're talking about, they go silent the second I walk in.

"Ready?" I ask nervously, "You look gorgeous mìlo" Kol says, walking to me giving me a tender kiss on the cheek, interlacing his hand in mind "Absolutely stunning Persephone" Samuel chimes in. "Let's go"

The drive to the courthouse is deathly silent, I'm pretty sure you could hear a fly land on the window. I find myself glancing at Kol every few minutes when my thoughts drift off to dark places, simply looking at him brings me back to reality.

I cant help but wonder who my sister would be today, what would have happened and if we would be in this exact moment. I squeeze Kol's hand as I glance towards Samuel, I can't say I'm not scared. Scare that he'll learn everything and then no longer want to be my friend. I'm still afraid Kol will no longer want to be with me.

This wasn't exactly the first time my father had beat me so severely that I was left bleeding on the floor, but they would soon know everything and that was scary.

☆ ☆ ☆

"We have a list of every injury Ms. Drakos had sustained from the point of 2017 till today" Nathan, Samuels dads lawyer friend says. I actually still don't know their connection I'm just grateful for their help.

Nerves once again fill my body, scared of everything. I keep glancing at Kol and Samuel to gauge their reactions when nothing has even been read yet.

"You're shaking, are you okay?" Kol whispers, I didn't even know I was shaking. I don't speak, afraid I'll burst into tears and the trial just began. I only grab his hand, squeezing the ever living shit out of it but if it hurt him he didn't let me know.

"March 2017, a broken right femur." I had dropped a plate at dinner, he hit me with a wooden baseball bat.

"May 2017, Clavicle fracture, sternum fracture and a cut on her right cheek" I had told my dad I loved him. He kicked me

"August 2017, broken left wrist" I Slept in, he pushed me down the stairs

"February 2018, Concussion accompanied by a broken humerus and Ulna and broken right wrist." I was a few minutes late home, he took me on a drive eventually pushing me out of the moving car.

I cant find it in me to look at either of them now, not until they're done. I squeeze Kol's hand to let him know I'm here but also to stop the flashbacks, these events still live fresh in my head I've just gotten better at distracting myself.