FOUR

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

Deckard is thrown forcefully into a chair in the middle of a room that has a large window that shows underwater. A cat behind meows and the boys panting increases. The room is full of mechanics and test tubes of creatures and colorful liquid. A cat rubs against Deckard's legs, beads of sweat slowly drip down the teen's face.

The boy is surrounded by three men all looking unruly and frightening. A thinner man, a doctor and scientist, was at a table messing with the science presented.

"Do you know what you are here?." Silco calls out as he puts together a metal syringe.

"I'm sorry I don't. Did I do something wrong." Deckard pleads.

"Nothing in particular." Silco was shrouded in darkness as he sits in a chair by a desk, he raises the syringe to his face, above his left eye.

"If I did something wrong please tell me and I'll fix it!"

"There's nothing to fix." Silco injects the syringe into his eye.

"Are you sure? Then why am I here?"

"A test."

"Well if it's just a test then I'd be glad to perform it." The teen chuckles nervously making eye contact with a glowing orange left eye and quickly looking away.

"Smartest thing you ever said, boy. Get him a meal. But keep him off the streets." Silco gets up from his seat and walks past Deckard and to the window.

Three of Silco's men grab Deckard and escort him out of the room.

"Our timeline has moved up." Silco walks into the light illuminating his face.

"It's almost ready." the thin man at the table says as he lifts a vile of glowing violet liquid, Singed.

"Show me."

"Feeding time." Singed picks up the cat and places it in a cage with a rat, closing and locking the cage.

"And the side effects?" Silco walks over to stand next to Singed as they watch the cage.

"Stabilizing."

The cat stalks towards the rat. Singed taps on the glass and the rat move towards a water feeder that held the glowing violet liquid. And drinks the liquid. The two men watch in anticipation.

The rat wails in pain as the eyes turn a bright fuchsia and the rat's body begins to morph in unnatural ways. The cat backs away from the rat whimpering. The cat unleashes one last scream at the rat lunges towards the cat and tears it apart, killing the cat. Blood covered all parts of the cage. The two males watching looked on in intrigue.