TWENTY

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

Kayano grunts as she tries to escape her bonds. She and Nagisa were sitting on their knees with bags over their heads and hands bound behind their backs.

"I knew something was up with your sister." Kayano sass's

"You've been a real picnic yourself." Nagisa counters.

"I'm not the one who walked ups into, not one, but two of Silco's traps."

"This isn't Silco, it's someone else."

"How do you know?"

"'Cause we'd already be dead."

"Oh, very nice. When were you planning to tell me or Karasuma that your lunatic sister works for him?"

"Just as soon as you tell me what you were gonna do with that stone."

"I was gonna return it to Karasuma, obviously."

The two stop talking as they heard metal clanking. The door to the room was opened by a Firelight gang member. The member walks over to Nagisa and grabs him.

"What's going on?" Kayano asks.

"Hey, stop! Get your hands off of me!"

"Leave him alone!"

"Let me go!"

"Nagisa?"

The door bangs as it shuts. 

"Nagisa!"

Kayano is left alone in the room. The gang member took Nagisa out of the room.

━━━━━━ ⊙ ━━━━━━

Nagisa is tied to a poll in another room in front of the Firelight leader. The member who brought Nagisa leaves the two alone to talk.

"You shy? Or just ugly?"

The leader gets up from his seat and walks over to Nagisa. When he is in front of the blue-haired boy he takes off his white owl mask. Nagisa's eyes widen as he sees a face he hasn't seen in years.

Ekko.

An old childhood friend that he and Powder used to hang out with. Nagisa's mother made him cut off all ties to his friends once Powder disappeared. She said it was so that he didn't have distractions from school work.

"You look good for a dead guy."

"Ekko?"

"What do you know about this?" Ekko glares at the teen and pulls out a metal canister holding the hex stone.